Photo

[Mage] far too powerfull, need some tweaking

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#141 zyox

zyox

Posted 25 October 2009 - 06:02 PM

i give up on this tard, he's hopeless...wtb /lock

well right now on armory it has the gladiator head icon for my 5s, so i would assume that means gladiator. Ofc it will change later in the season, but for one night going from 2208 to 2416 with 44-3 record, i'd say we can still make the cutoff

#142 Xpower

Xpower
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 25 October 2009 - 06:23 PM

Yes, warriors do have the upper hand versus rogues, at least in arena. But it's not terrible; bladestorm is just rather unbelievable at times, even with feint and evasion.

And also, you can't deny that frost mages have an edge versus rogues as well.

Especially that last one. If you do deny that, you're a bad, bad mage :(

Krillin: awesome name and avatar :P

Warriors vs Rogues in arena is all about cooldowns. As soon as the rogue doesn't have cooldowns, he's dead, but until then, the warrior will be controlled.

And yeah I know how easy mages got it vs rogues 1v1. Infact, I can't think of a single class that I've got trouble with in 1v1.
Posted Image

#143 Davorsake

Davorsake
  • Members

Posted 26 October 2009 - 02:27 AM

Mages are overpowered!

#144 makeitbleed

makeitbleed

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:14 PM

nah brah I got an 80 mage hes in the 2200 ther arnt OP they can never solo and healers prob pallyies and thats it i get blown up by dks only classes i own as a mage is sometimes warriors, always rouges, 75% of the time rets and thats it mages are like destro locks but we have to cast. I can also kill a hunter if i can kill his pet

Off topic: Don't lie Anajib, I saw your mage he sucks and isn't 1800. You shouldn't even be posting on this thread.

Mages do have amazing snares and CC's at the moment but I don't think mages are the real issue its more of the combo they run in 3s that make people think they're "OP" or "far too powerful".

Imo, blizzard should really look into bringing RMP down a notch.

#145 Sindelle

Sindelle
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:15 PM

RMP isn't even OP, it's just strong.

Anyway, no point to argue I guess.

#146 sswizzbbeatss

sswizzbbeatss
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Gorefiend
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:20 PM

Weird cause Mages are counter class to rogues but if u blow him up fast enough mages are a joke - No barrier=Owned

#147 berethorn

berethorn
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:11 PM

how are mages a 'counter'?

#148 Juicydaddy

Juicydaddy
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2294

Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:15 AM

Off topic: Don't lie Anajib, I saw your mage he sucks and isn't 1800. You shouldn't even be posting on this thread.

Mages do have amazing snares and CC's at the moment but I don't think mages are the real issue its more of the combo they run in 3s that make people think they're "OP" or "far too powerful".

Imo, blizzard should really look into bringing RMP down a notch.

Dude gtfo, you can't nerf RMP without kill one of the 3 classe's which are some of the most balanced classe's. RMP is only "powerfull" if you have a brain, it's not like tunnel-vision the healer without the use of CC, as cleave setup does.

#149 Eraseasaurus

Eraseasaurus
  • Eraseasaurus
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Greymane
  • Shadowburn

Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:24 AM

Once again proving that you are an idiot.

I said that good mages have too much, which they do. Bad mages are bad, 99% of all spellcleave that I fight with a mage never sheeps or uses their CC. Bad players. Please stop being retarded.

It's like that with every class, you're just a Druid Duelist (LMFAO) that has trouble vs Mages, that's just sad dude.

Mages are one of the only classes that has always been balanced, they are the one class that never needs tweaking. It's pretty much exactly how each class should work; bad players get mediocre results while good players do well.

It's like that with Druids too, sadly you aren't one of the good ones :(

#150 DreDog

DreDog
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:29 AM

It's pretty much exactly how each class should work; bad players get mediocre results while good players do well.

Stop acting like mages are the only class that takes skill. Any player that isn't good will have mediocore results. Any player that plays well will have good results.

and don't try and say that mages take the most skill because they are squishy. Next to maybe enhance shamans, :warrior:'s are the most squishy class in the game.
"I am an insect who dreamt he was a man and loved it. But now the dream is over and the insect is awake."

#151 Eraseasaurus

Eraseasaurus
  • Eraseasaurus
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Greymane
  • Shadowburn

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:30 AM

Stop acting like mages are the only class that takes skill. Any player that isn't good will have mediocore results. Any player that plays well will have good results.

and don't try and say that mages take the most skill because they are squishy. Next to maybe enhance shamans, :warrior:'s are the most squishy class in the game.

Uh every class takes skill, just some take a little more than others. Warriors are not the squishiest class in the game and mages most definitely aren't lmfao.

#152 DreDog

DreDog
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:33 AM

Uh every class takes skill, just some take a little more than others. Warriors are not the squishiest class in the game and mages most definitely aren't lmfao.

What class is most vulnerable to all types of damage than an arms warrior? (again, minus enhance shamans, even though ghost wolf is an amazing escape tool now).
"I am an insect who dreamt he was a man and loved it. But now the dream is over and the insect is awake."

#153 Zeriel

Zeriel
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:49 AM

Warriors aren't particularly easy to kill, but they are the only class I can think of where sitting on them is such an obvious and viable strategy in almost any situation.

#154 Eraseasaurus

Eraseasaurus
  • Eraseasaurus
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Greymane
  • Shadowburn

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:50 AM

What class is most vulnerable to all types of damage than an arms warrior? (again, minus enhance shamans, even though ghost wolf is an amazing escape tool now).

Paladins, Shamans(period), Priests(period), Rogues, and Hunters.

You have armor, shield wall, bladestorm (it doesn't reduce damage, but it sure as fuck makes people stop damaging you unless you do it at like 40% or below) and the most useful tool of all; spell reflect.

Priests have pain sup and no flat out physical damage reduction and the shields are easily dispellable.

Rogue's have a physical damage reduction, but not even close to what warriors do, and evasion wont help them with casters.

Shamans just get shit on by everything.

Paladins have a decent amount of armor, but drop like a sack of bricks if you get them in the open where you can dispel their bubble.

Hunters have deterrence, but other hunters can hit them through it! Lmao.

Almost everything dies faster than a good warrior, in the 3v3 bracket of course.

#155 Eraseasaurus

Eraseasaurus
  • Eraseasaurus
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Greymane
  • Shadowburn

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:50 AM

Warriors aren't particularly easy to kill, but they are the only class I can think of where sitting on them is such an obvious and viable strategy in almost any situation.

Same thing goes with sitting on a Mage or a Warlock, but it doesn't mean they are squishy, you know?

#156 Zeriel

Zeriel
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:54 AM

Same thing goes with sitting on a Mage or a Warlock, but it doesn't mean they are squishy, you know?

Kind of a disingenuous comparison because caster disadvantages come with caster advantages. To put it another way, a hallmark of melee is instant attacks and having fairly consistent output. Warriors are really the only melee class (and ranged non casters) who lose almost all their damage when they try to survive.

Agree that this thread is dumb, though, warriors are fine to slightly overpowered, and actually really good at surviving, it's just that as they survive, their team loses all momentum (which may be a game loser).

#157 Eraseasaurus

Eraseasaurus
  • Eraseasaurus
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Greymane
  • Shadowburn

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:01 AM

Kind of a disingenuous comparison because caster disadvantages come with caster advantages. To put it another way, a hallmark of melee is instant attacks and having fairly consistent output. Warriors are really the only melee class (and ranged non casters) who lose almost all their damage when they try to survive.

Agree that this thread is dumb, though, warriors are fine to slightly overpowered, and actually really good at surviving, it's just that as they survive, their team loses all momentum (which may be a game loser).

Well I agree with everything you just said, but I want to know if you feel the same way about what I'm about to say.

If you leave a Warrior unfocused, as with leaving a Warlock/Mage unfocused, the Warrior is going to run wild. Just watch Dahis's latest WMD video; the second he gets free, something drops, really low.

When I'm playing RMP, if I leave a Warrior untouched even for a the mere seconds my CC is on DR, he's going to Charge my Priest, MS>Overpower>Bladestorm and if his team mate has a trinket up, my Priest will most likely die.

TL;DR

If you leave anything uncc'd/unfocused for any amount of time, you just might lose. Melee/Ranged it really doesn't matter.

#158 Zeriel

Zeriel
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:06 AM

Well I agree with everything you just said, but I want to know if you feel the same way about what I'm about to say.

If you leave a Warrior unfocused, as with leaving a Warlock/Mage unfocused, the Warrior is going to run wild. Just watch Dahis's latest WMD video; the second he gets free, something drops, really low.

When I'm playing RMP, if I leave a Warrior untouched even for a the mere seconds my CC is on DR, he's going to Charge my Priest, MS>Overpower>Bladestorm and if his team mate has a trinket up, my Priest will most likely die.

TL;DR

If you leave anything uncc'd/unfocused for any amount of time, you just might lose. Melee/Ranged it really doesn't matter.

Sure, I agree with that, although I think it's a more transient thing. Short of ArP (try to think of an ancient time before it) and 75% MS, I don't think warriors really did that routinely.

They seem to run into the same problem over and over with warriors, though. Warriors have no utility outside of MS. Therefore, if their damage is mediocre to average, they suck and tend to disappear from the ladder. Blizzard (for whatever reason) doesn't like giving warriors finesse and CC (class flavor maybe?), so they compensate for warriors sucking by just giving them unhealable damage (or unhealable RNG, ala mace stun). As they say on BSG, this has happened before, and it will happen again.

#159 Eraseasaurus

Eraseasaurus
  • Eraseasaurus
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Greymane
  • Shadowburn

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:07 AM

This is such a stupid thread man, it's pretty sad that you're the only intelligent and objective poster here who is a Warrior.

That being said, I'd trade Bladestorm+75% MS for Mace Stun back in an instant.

#160 tbj

tbj
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Frostwhisper
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:38 AM

Why do warriors act like they are the only class that suffers from going defensive?
Every class suffers from going defensive. The classes/specs whose damage output suffers the least from being focused are all classes who depend heavily on longer cooldowns for their survival. Rogues'/enh shamans' damage output suffers relatively little from being focused, but their survival is 100% dependant on long cooldowns, once the cds are used they're sitting ducks.
Warriors are in the other end of the scale. Warriors have a good arsenal of easily accessible low/no cd defensive tools. Of course a warriors damage output is going to be lowered when he goes defensive, what did you expect? That he should be able to just stand there and get nuked and do full damage at the same time, with no downside at all?
The general rule as I see it is that there exist some sort of inverse relationship between how dependant a class is on long cds for survival and how much it's damage output goes down when focused. Ironically warriors and mages are both in the category of classes that are very little dependant on long survival cooldowns, but lose a lot of momentum when focused.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<