Photo

[Mage] far too powerfull, need some tweaking

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#41 aceofblades

aceofblades

Posted 23 October 2009 - 02:15 AM

hm.. far to powerfull?

well i seen mages try faceroll in arena and they get facerolled i bet it takes alot more skill to play a good mage than a skilled warrior

we dont have the abillity to reset a fight, so we have to hit hard, depends which way u want to look at it i spoze.

#42 rebjorn

rebjorn
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Tarren Mill
  • Misery
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 914
  • RBG: 192

Posted 23 October 2009 - 02:49 AM

Bumpibears
Posted Image

#43 Eraseasaurus

Eraseasaurus
  • Eraseasaurus
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Greymane
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 23 October 2009 - 02:56 AM

Actually it isn't because you assume I am morally superior and you build your argument on that. But I'm not morally superior. However I'm genuinly annoyed when I see things like this. I have many flaws. Many. Sometimes though I like to express my opinion when I see something that isn't nice. What would the world be if people didn't do that? None of us are innocent I suppose, me included.

Well I'm genuinely annoyed when I see someone express an incredibly ignorant opinion on a forum where it could actually influence someone else. I did what I had to do to keep it from spreading to other people.

#44 aceofblades

aceofblades

Posted 23 October 2009 - 03:01 AM

chill out erase, every 1's entitled to an opinion. like my father always told me, take every piece of info in even if u think its shit. a puzzels not complete till u get every piece. plz dont flame someone becasue they hav an opinion, every person has an element of logic to there comment. u both have good points just work together on shyt. u both think mages are fine. as do i but i still believe warrs are fine where they are flame me not one another plox

#45 tbj

tbj
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Frostwhisper
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 23 October 2009 - 03:06 AM

chill out erase, every 1's entitled to an opinion. like my father always told me, take every piece of info in even if u think its shit. a puzzels not complete till u get every piece. plz dont flame someone becasue they hav an opinion, every person has an element of logic to there comment. u both have good points just work together on shyt. u both think mages are fine. as do i but i still believe warrs are fine where they are flame me not one another plox

Problem is that a lot of people like to put up the 4 corner pieces in a 1000 pcs puzzle, and then think that they can magically imagine what it all looks like.

Obviously noone will ever get together the full puzzle, that's not a problem, the problem is when people don't acknowledge that and think that what little they actually do know applies to everything.

#46 rebjorn

rebjorn
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Tarren Mill
  • Misery
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 914
  • RBG: 192

Posted 23 October 2009 - 03:11 AM

Well I'm genuinely annoyed when I see someone express an incredibly ignorant opinion on a forum where it could actually influence someone else. I did what I had to do to keep it from spreading to other people.

Ignorant how? Ignorant to what? What are you talking about? Your arguments are weak. It's almost like you're arguing just for the sake of arguing. Surely that can't be the case. Anyway hf.
Posted Image

#47 Sp33d

Sp33d
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Thunderlord
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 23 October 2009 - 03:15 AM

OP, mages are fine and so are warriors. You're just mad because mages control you.

You have a paly on your 2s and 3s. Wtf is he doing while you're sitting in novas?
Posted Image

#48 aceofblades

aceofblades

Posted 23 October 2009 - 03:16 AM

I did what I had to do to keep it from spreading to other people.

herpies, its a bitch :D

#49 Eraseasaurus

Eraseasaurus
  • Eraseasaurus
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Greymane
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 23 October 2009 - 04:19 AM

Ignorant how? Ignorant to what? What are you talking about? Your arguments are weak. It's almost like you're arguing just for the sake of arguing. Surely that can't be the case. Anyway hf.

That Mages are overpowered? Lol. They clearly aren't. Just because your set of morals are different than me doesn't mean that your arguments are more logical.

#50 1ronmaiden

1ronmaiden
  • Members

Posted 23 October 2009 - 04:22 AM

If you got a paladin on your team you shouldn't be getting controled. He has enough cooldowns to dodge silence and sheeps for you to blow up one of the mages teamates, If you don't in the allocated cooldowns, expect to be controled.
2s::mage::mage:
3s:Frost, warrior, resto shaymen

#51 Dookk

Dookk
  • Members
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 23 October 2009 - 04:43 AM

[quote name='Eraseasaurus']ROFL oh man, I'm about to educate you.QUOTE]

DREDOG YOU JUST GOT EDUCATED

now you should prob just stop posting before everyone here thinks even less of you...if thats even possible.

aww fail quote QQ

#52 aceofblades

aceofblades

Posted 23 October 2009 - 04:59 AM

Just because your set of morals are different than me doesn't mean that your arguments are more logical.

just out of curiousity, how do morals define whats overpowered. lawl! i engrish real gooood :confused: and he never said they were overpowered. gla. more pew pewin n les qq unless its arena Que Que :D

#53 DreDog

DreDog
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:27 AM

now you should prob just stop posting before everyone here thinks even less of you...if thats even possible.

I could care less what others think about me, anyone whose played with me or has seen my video's know watsup.

Regardless, of course everyone is going to think differently on the matter. I just wanted to voice my opinion. I believe mages have too much mobility, survivability and control for a single class. It's funny how people were getting all worried about melee with the t2 weaps etc, but spell cleaves are dominating 3's and 5's right now.

Frost :mage: need some tweaks. Put blink on a longer CD, get rid of one of their nova's, nerf frost armor...i don't know. I just think mages are a bit too powerful right now.

#54 Shadowxtc

Shadowxtc
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:39 AM

My :hunter::mage::shaman: team sure flopped you guys but GOD this is too much LOL

#55 Shadowxtc

Shadowxtc
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:44 AM

I could care less what others think about me, anyone whose played with me or has seen my video's know watsup.

Did you fraps the part where you intercept a mirror image?

#56 DreDog

DreDog
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:59 AM

Did you fraps the part where you intercept a mirror image?

?

That wouldn't happen.

#57 Blodkors

Blodkors
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-The Venture Co
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:33 AM

Just my thoughts on the matter (in before LOL RATINGS), but I´d say there´s nothing wrong with a Mage control/ survivalibity when the damage ain´t that Ele/ Destro - rated bullshit. Two nights ago I got hit by 4k frostbolt followed by 6.5k one in 2 gcd´s while my partner was polyed (Devour was on CD). Mind you, I have 816 resilience. With that amount of control and survivalibity, I just can´t buy that. Yeah yeah, skilled proc, debuffs, etc....whatever. Should that happen anyway? In my opinion, it´s just too much damage for a class with so good defensive mechanics.

I absolutely love facing mages in an Arena match as Affliction, they give good *game* instead of getting beaten by a double rogue in 3 gcd´s etc but I think their damage is getting to be a bit too good for the control and slipperiness they are having. Note, though, I said *is getting*, so I´d say they´re pretty borderline fine- more damage output and I´d join the lynch mob too.

TLDR- People say "nerf Rogue control, then their damage is justified", but I´d add "keep an eye on Mage damage, so their control won´t get unjustified".

#58 aceofblades

aceofblades

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:44 AM

its not the damage getting insane its the haste, its no diff to armp. its just an exponential stat for classes to abuse. every class pretty much can use 1 stat to benefit themselves more, key is to find that stat asap

#59 aceofblades

aceofblades

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:55 AM

whats funny bout that, the good rogues still bleed kite a warr, open the garrote and evasion for 2 globals then into stun, rupture of finisher combo gain (1-2pts) then vanish. they beat me quite often

#60 Xpower

Xpower
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:01 AM

OP, mages are fine and so are warriors.

Hahahha nice joke.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic