• Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:49 PM

Too much control.
Too much mobility.
Too much CC.

The advantage mages have on nearly all Melee is just absurd. You can argue that :mage: are a counter for warr's, dk's, rogues etc but c'mon, NO class should have such a ridiculous edge on so many others.

As a warrior, i have to play perfectly to beat a good frost mage.

and about Frost Nova's, just what the fuck. The ONLY time i am not frozen in some way or another is when i am Bstorming, it's just ridiculous.

As an Arms warrior i have to sit with Sword + Board 80% of the fight against a good mage, if not i am a sitting duck. I mean this is fine i guess, weapons swaps and stance dancing are what is keeping the class from being faceroll, but to be forced to reflect so often is pretty fucking stupid.

and please don't try and say that mage's have highest skill cap of all class's blah blah, because that's just bullshit. Frost nova - Ice Lance - (insert OHSHIT button here) - frostbolt - deep freeze - rinse repeat. That shit is so complicated guys, Seriously.

#2 belzaar

belzaar

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:50 PM

hahaha
Spoiler

#3 Dante

Dante
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationSarajevo

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:52 PM

Mages are pretty fine atm, maybe a tad bit powerful given nice haste PVE gear. But this coming from a warrior, made my day :)

#4 Koops

Koops
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:55 PM

Stopped reading at "powerfull"

#5 Xpower

Xpower
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:56 PM

I hate facing warriors when they got 2 defensive dispellers on their team but I love facing em when they have 0 defensive dispellers. SUP SITTING ON CC 24/7.
Posted Image

#6 Eraseasaurus

Eraseasaurus
  • Eraseasaurus
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Greymane
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:57 PM

Too much mobility
Too much healing reduction
Too much damage

the advantage warriors have on nearly all classes is just absurd. You can argue that Warriors are a counter for rogues, priests, shamans, druids, hpaladins, hunters and warlocks ect but cmon NO class should have such a rediculous edge on so many others.

As a priest I have to play perfectly, and I'll still die in a Overpower+bladestorm.

and about Overpower, just what the fuck. The ONLY time I am not trying to heal through a 75% ms is when I am eating a Bstorm, it's just ridiculous.

As a rogue I have to sit in evasion 80% of the time against a normal warrior, if not I am a sitting duck. I mean this is fine i guess, feint and evasion are what keeps the class from facerolling, but when I evasion the warrior gets overpower procs and I die anyways from a 75% ms.

and please don't try to say that warriors have the highest skill cap of all class's blah blah because thats just bullshit. Charge>Intercept>MS>Overpower>Bladestorm is just rinse and repeat, actually its never repeat because something just dies.

I don't think you understand what "skill cap" means.

#7 Marathi

Marathi
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Zenedar
  • Blackout

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:07 PM

Too much mobility
Too much healing reduction
Too much damage

the advantage warriors have on nearly all classes is just absurd. You can argue that Warriors are a counter for rogues, priests, shamans, druids, hpaladins, hunters and warlocks ect but cmon NO class should have such a rediculous edge on so many others.

As a priest I have to play perfectly, and I'll still die in a Overpower+bladestorm.

and about Overpower, just what the fuck. The ONLY time I am not trying to heal through a 75% ms is when I am eating a Bstorm, it's just ridiculous.

As a rogue I have to sit in evasion 80% of the time against a normal warrior, if not I am a sitting duck. I mean this is fine i guess, feint and evasion are what keeps the class from facerolling, but when I evasion the warrior gets overpower procs and I die anyways from a 75% ms.

and please don't try to say that warriors have the highest skill cap of all class's blah blah because thats just bullshit. Charge>Intercept>MS>Overpower>Bladestorm is just rinse and repeat, actually its never repeat because something just dies.

I don't think you understand what "skill cap" means.

OWNEDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Spoiler

worst terran eu

#8 bigbluefish

bigbluefish
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Gorefiend
  • Vindication

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:12 PM

Too much control.
Too much mobility.
Too much CC.

The advantage mages have on nearly all Melee is just absurd. You can argue that :mage: are a counter for warr's, dk's, rogues etc but c'mon, NO class should have such a ridiculous edge on so many others.

As a warrior, i have to play perfectly to beat a good frost mage.

and about Frost Nova's, just what the fuck. The ONLY time i am not frozen in some way or another is when i am Bstorming, it's just ridiculous.

As an Arms warrior i have to sit with Sword + Board 80% of the fight against a good mage, if not i am a sitting duck. I mean this is fine i guess, weapons swaps and stance dancing are what is keeping the class from being faceroll, but to be forced to reflect so often is pretty fucking stupid.

and please don't try and say that mage's have highest skill cap of all class's blah blah, because that's just bullshit. Frost nova - Ice Lance - (insert OHSHIT button here) - frostbolt - deep freeze - rinse repeat. That shit is so complicated guys, Seriously.

you're fucking terrible

druids are trees, and it just doesn't make sense that someone who can turn into a tree can also turn into a cat.

please blizz nerf this illogical bs

yarko on the subject of druids innervate

#9 DreDog

DreDog
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:20 PM

the advantage warriors have on nearly all classes

What class besides a priest do warriors have a distinct advantage over 1v1?

and stop shifting the conversation to warrior balance, that isn't what this is about.

I would like some evidence pointing to mage's not being completely dominant over melee's. Oh wait, that's because they are.

#10 Seriana

Seriana
  • Seriana
  • Banned
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:20 PM

loooooooooooooooooool

Im going to buy Seriana a dildo

#11 Seriana

Seriana
  • Seriana
  • Banned
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:25 PM

and stop shifting the conversation to warrior balance, that isn't what this is about.

I would like some evidence pointing to mage's not being completely dominant over melee's. Oh wait, that's because they are.

uh, rogues, hunters, warlocks, paladins?

#12 Thricton

Thricton
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arcane 1/2/0/2/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 959
  • 3v3: 384
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationON, Canada

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:26 PM

ITT:Grey name whining about 1v1 balance.

#13 Eraseasaurus

Eraseasaurus
  • Eraseasaurus
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Greymane
  • Shadowburn

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:26 PM

Mages are dominant over Melee when they are no dispels, that is rarely the case. Blizzard has said over and over that the game isn't balanced for 1v1 and I think its laughable that you'd assume that a class v class imbalance is grounds for calling the class that has been balanced since day 1 overpowered.

#14 DreDog

DreDog
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:28 PM

uh, rogues, hunters, warlocks, paladins?

Rogue - If a rogue loses to an equally geared warr, that rogue has no idea wtf he/she is doin and should probably just uninstall the game.

Hunters - Meh, pretty balanced fight, 50/50.

Warlocks - haha, no.

Paladins - Fuck no.

#15 Eraseasaurus

Eraseasaurus
  • Eraseasaurus
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Greymane
  • Shadowburn

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:29 PM

I'll write out the classes you rape and the reasons for it.

Rogues - You rape them because of Demo Shout (40 yard range? right?), BLADESTORM and Overpower. vanishing is not an option unless the warrior can't mash his demo shout button, or keep bleeds up.

Hunters - If you have a healer, you can absolutely shit on hunters. Charge>Hamstring they disengage Intercept>MS>Overpower force them to deterence, then charge again Bladestorm dead.

Paladins - Just sit the paladin, charge>ms>overpower>bladetorm then shattering throw bubble and win there or just turtle until bladestorm is up again rofl. Ret is a diff story obv

Shaman - Same as pallys, only no bubble so its easier

Priests - lol

Warlocks - dont think I have to explain but since you dont think they do I will. You absolutely rape warlocks, between fear immunity, spell reflect, bladestorm, pummel, shield bash, overpower, hamstring, charge and intercept spams you should never lose. you dont have to go far on this website to hear about a locks pet getting globaled by a warrior hahaha

Note, this is all taken from the 3v3 arena not a 1v1.

#16 DreDog

DreDog
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:31 PM

Mages are dominant over Melee when they are no dispels, that is rarely the case. Blizzard has said over and over that the game isn't balanced for 1v1 and I think its laughable that you'd assume that a class v class imbalance is grounds for calling the class that has been balanced since day 1 overpowered.

I agree that 1v1 isn't balanced. But at what point can you say that it doesn't matter? Look at all the best 1v1 class's in the game. Rogues - Mage's - Paladins. Now look at arena representation of these class's. I'm not guna pull out the numbers, but all of these class's are in the top %.

ITT:Grey name whining about 1v1 balance.

s2 s3 s4 former glad. Not going to say what happened with my original warrior, but i do not have the account anymore. Also, G title means nothing.

#17 Eraseasaurus

Eraseasaurus
  • Eraseasaurus
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Greymane
  • Shadowburn

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:31 PM

I agree that 1v1 isn't balanced. But at what point can you say that it doesn't matter? Look at all the best 1v1 class's in the game. Rogues - Mage's - Paladins. Now look at arena representation of these class's. I'm not guna pull out the numbers, but all of these class's are in the top %.

?? Lol the best 1v1 classes are mages and druids but I'm glad you think you're right rofl

#18 Eraseasaurus

Eraseasaurus
  • Eraseasaurus
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Greymane
  • Shadowburn

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:36 PM

ROFL oh man, I'm about to educate you.

Posted Image

http://www.realmhist...-breakdown.html

#19 Seriana

Seriana
  • Seriana
  • Banned
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:37 PM

ahahaha you lose to warlocks

obviously trolling

#20 Eraseasaurus

Eraseasaurus
  • Eraseasaurus
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Greymane
  • Shadowburn

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:39 PM

Yeah now that I re-read his OP, there's no way he wasn't trolling :( I feel like such an idiot for responding to this rofl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<