#41 Lolcute

Lolcute
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Neptulon
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:26 PM

Bump cause this thread must live for others to ask further questions :) Myself I am closing in on the 2.4k needed to reply to these threads, lost the last game 3v3 so we're below atm but we'll get back over soon :D

Melting most rmp's we meet atm. Much thanks to this thread! Atm we only lose to stupid mistakes really, not every time we face an rmp.

#42 Oliria

Oliria
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Draenor
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Fury 1/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1260

Posted 03 November 2009 - 04:29 PM

So we meet some better teams yesterday (mostly 2250-2450 MMR) and I enjoyed it, we got up by 50 rating or so too.

Thing is we lost all 5 RMP games, granted they we're all 2400+ RMPs but I still bothers me. I will say that we were close each game, 4 games the rogue was out of 2x evasion, CloS, 2x vanish and we were 25-30 secs away from bladestorm/Hoj or whatever - unfortunately we were out of CDs aswell, so they all ended in a full CC-chain -> DF/kidney kill. Last game ended with a crosskill, traded their rogue for our druid few seconds later - war/protret vs mage/priest yes we lost.

Gonna look the thread through one more time see if there's anything we do wrong. In the meantime I'd like to derail the thread a bit, because some other setups are giving us a hardtime too. Hope some of you could give us some advice.

dLock/fMage/rShaman
Meet one of the better wizardcleaves a few times yesterday (2450) and we got blown apart. Heroism + sheep/fear/cs/petsilence/shadowfury/DF and they're burst simply made every one of us a viable target. We could survive for as long as our big defensive CDs lasted, which was about 1 minut at most. We thought of turtling the heroism, but we meet them on Sewers all 3 times, and frankly that's not a great map for turtling.

War/elemental/druid
This is a fight I feel we should win, but somehow we just didn't 2/3 times. Who to target? Ele has roots/thunderstorm and can kite us quite well. We killed him 2 games (1 win, 1 ended in 2v2 which we lost), but it just takes too long time, so long that our druid ends up being OOM. Going for the warrior is easier as far as killing someone goes, but with the elemental freecasting we find ourselves on the back fod. So what do YOU do?

btw: Lolcute do you only wear 540 resillience? And gz with 2400 and AJ access.

#43 Lolcute

Lolcute
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Neptulon
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 03 November 2009 - 05:22 PM

btw: Lolcute do you only wear 540 resillience? And gz with 2400 and AJ access.

I'd like to reply to the 2 comps you laid out there but I'm running low on time got this assignment to do @uni.

And eh no I am wearing 700 :P Just wore 4piece t9 for 5v5 for fun. I am however using t9 gloves atm in 3v3, and 2xs7. Waiting til I get s7 gloves, not gonna use deadly over t9(245).

In the end I'll be wearing something like this:
http://www.chardev.org/?profile=307157
Might go titanforged for 190 ap, might go arp/crit emblem head if not.

#44 Oliria

Oliria
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Draenor
  • Blackout

Posted 03 November 2009 - 08:56 PM

edited it out! was frustrated.

Anyway we had huge huge problems tonight, meeting literally nothing but lock/mage/shaman, lock/mage/druid. Throw in a few dk/hunter or hunter/ret and we all in all had a really bad night going down around 100 rating, and 200 MMR.

how do you deal with these teams?

edit: make that a 130 rating.. what a night.

#45 Lolcute

Lolcute
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Neptulon
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:10 PM

To start it off we haven't met the best of these in our bg yet, none above 2.5k. I will however give some input on how we go about vs these teams and hopefully someone playing our comp @a higher level (7 teams worldwide I just found out on the aj-rankings) can drop their two cents.

dLock/fMage/rShaman
Meet one of the better wizardcleaves a few times yesterday (2450) and we got blown apart. Heroism + sheep/fear/cs/petsilence/shadowfury/DF and they're burst simply made every one of us a viable target. We could survive for as long as our big defensive CDs lasted, which was about 1 minut at most. We thought of turtling the heroism, but we meet them on Sewers all 3 times, and frankly that's not a great map for turtling.

We turtle, sometimes turtling doesnt mean LOSing all the time. We try to LOS until fully hotspammed and then going back out with shield on and using bash/op/reflect effectively, and the prot silence and hammers as well. Get some nuke, take some nuke, take some of their prescious mana from them. After 1 minute the shaman will start to drink. Eventually mage as well. This is when you slap on the 2hander (carefully right after reflect bash is used) get a new overpower in etc. They will get you harder this time --> if the pet is close to the pillar by your druid then charge ms op it with some paladin nuke. It might die. If it doesnt, it makes the lock funnel less damage from him then. Rinse repeat until they are out of mage's pets and shaman is struggling with mana. This is when you hoj bladestorm (probably like second bladestorm first is used like in the middle there somewhere, can be used defensive if you can't get out of a nova and need to LOS (healer cced etc).

As a warrior what I find very important against these teams is to listen to the druid, if he tells you he is cced, gtfo. Trinket whatever, use shield wall etc. You won't need em as much later on. But see the situation don't do it if there is no need (i.e. LOS 2 yards away and pala has freedom ready for you etc.)

War/elemental/druid
This is a fight I feel we should win, but somehow we just didn't 2/3 times. Who to target? Ele has roots/thunderstorm and can kite us quite well. We killed him 2 games (1 win, 1 ended in 2v2 which we lost), but it just takes too long time, so long that our druid ends up being OOM. Going for the warrior is easier as far as killing someone goes, but with the elemental freecasting we find ourselves on the back fod. So what do YOU do?

We haven't met this comp. Maybe once or something. We have met warr elemental holy paladin though. Sitting on elemental have seemed to work pretty ok, doing HoJ switches to warrior sometimes make em get sacreds on another target. Try to get some cc in on healer (they have no instant silence just windshear and pummel etc) can't be school locked like vs locks and mages. So cyclone works here. Generally we've outplayed the teams we've met here, doing whatever is needed, using cooldowns where they are needed, LOS, peel warrior, shield out of he is on warrior and reflect/bash etc. We've won a lot of these especially last week. But with holy paladin though not druid so I'm not sure exactly what to do vs that particular comp. One thing here is that our druid has yet to go oom in 3v3.. he just.. skills at not getting oomed :P Often he will heal manaefficient when the pressure is low, but this is situational. I wouldn't trade him for any druid in the world.

meeting literally nothing but lock/mage/shaman, lock/mage/druid. Throw in a few dk/hunter or hunter/ret

Lock mage druid, much like with shaman healer. Turtle it up when needed. Pressure later on, and some defensive freedoms out of shatters etc (also vs the first comp in the post). Intervene is a god given to warriors vs spell cleave btw. I actually feel the paladin has to be more careful than me vs most spellcleaves cause of intervene alone before you add in reflects and 12 sec bash cd. General idea is sit in shields, alot. I have often outdamaged (like ended up with more total damage done during the match) the casters in spellcleaves while shielding 80% or more.

Hunter/dk, change between them alot. Use disarm during cc chains on healer. Use most of the tools defensively. Save a hammer for a bladestorm if one of them has trinket down, often a single cyclone on the healer will let them die. My paladin often tells me when he has his big nukes ready if I say I have bladestorm in 15 secs he says ok I will save my heavy dmg and we can take targets from 80% and down in a HoJ bladestorm.

Hunter/ret, not quite the same as with dk as you can move alot more yourself :P but I feel that the burst is harder on us as well. Which is why we tunnel the ret to divine shield in first bladestorm and he dies in the second. As much cc on hunter as possible, always using fear on hunter in these 2 last matchups. Pref when he has trink'd a cyclone. Sometimes it takes a HoJ on the healer instead of the target if we can't get any other cc on him.

Lastly I will just say that we generally turtle a ton of teams, more than half the teams we meet we turtle to a certain degree.. Always damaging the dps extremely rare that we damage their healers more than the aoe we do. We really like to peel people off our druid if they decide to tunnel like tsg does, and I think damaging dps is one of the reasons our druid doesnt oom. They do less damage then so we can be more sparing with our def cds vs some comps cause they get trained to the point they sit in frost/defstance/start kiting us and can't damage that well.

This should sum up what comes to mind that we do atm :)

#46 Oliria

Oliria
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Draenor
  • Blackout

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:28 PM

Some good answers for sure. I'm feeling pretty depressed at last night, but they will come in handy when I stop being emo.

See we did the opposite of what you do, my paladin keeps telling me we can't win when I'm defensive - cause I am very defensive at times, always using spellreflects/intervenes/shieldbash and LOS'ing alot. And I guess that since we got more and more frustrated I simply started doing as he told me, going nuts on someone. But we both know that's gonna end with all our defensive CDs used in less than a minute and someone dieing.

I'll tell them we need to try the outlasting game. I'm still not sure how you can beat DK/hunter teams, the pressure they have combined with the hunters CC and DKs interupts really seems too much for us to handle. We normally start the fight on the DK, blow our stuff + bladestorm and he will go very low, but after that point we're 1m15s from a new bladestorm and their pressure is constant and unhealable it seems.

Anyway thanks for the advice - I feel like an idiot for not stopping last night, we knew it wasn't gonna get any better with the teams queuing :P

#47 Lolcute

Lolcute
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Neptulon
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 06 November 2009 - 03:42 AM

Sooo.. who want's a movie of this comp? We're not particularily skilled or anything, but I guess I could fraps some of it and make something worth watching :P Prob not the most entertaining comp to watch tho:p

#48 Oliria

Oliria
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Draenor
  • Blackout

Posted 09 November 2009 - 01:43 PM

I'd watch it!

Need something to get me going again, kinda gave up after that bad night with multiple mage/lock/rshaman teams :P

#49 Lolcute

Lolcute
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Neptulon
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:15 AM

God damn you Oliria :P our first fight vs you in the middle of our bad streak, we're down 110 rating and dropping more.. mmr is like down 250 :/ worst day so far for us this is. Can't seem to get nothing right.

EDIT: actually frapsed that, but deleted due to bad game from our side :P

#50 Oliria

Oliria
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Draenor
  • Blackout

Posted 12 November 2009 - 02:20 AM

Must admit it was a pleasure - good game tho could have gone to either team. I noticed your MMR aswell, I'm sorry you've had a bad streak I know exactly what it feels like. We've pulled ourselves together after last weeks minus 130 rating night - and had an overall good night.

Went 9-0 at first (and I haven't got hotter streak yet) loosing to a shit RMP the 10th game (we had already beaten them a few mins before). So frustrating, somehow they managed to completely tunnel our druid, the priest would discard the mage totally and simply spam dispels on our druid. Mage managed two sup-500HP blocks and before we realized it our druid was in real trouble with the rogue/priest.

We got too confident and lost because of it, it cost me my hotter streak - but that's life.

#51 Lolcute

Lolcute
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Neptulon
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 12 November 2009 - 02:57 AM

Yeah mmr from 2460 and dropping like a rocket tonight. Can only tell ourselves it'll be back up when we are more "in the game". Your early bladestorm went straight into my shield block and didn't cause us any problems and I was sure it was going great but then after around 1-2 mins your paladin just kept on dealing insane ammount of damage into me and I just couldn't get back up.

We lost alot vs rmp's too, while organizing my fraps material I put all our losses where we played ok in a "lost matches folder", and I noticed while watching them that we beat and lost to the same 2 teams. They all tunneled the druid, started out on our paladin but then made switches to the druid that just couldnt be stopped. There is like no way, nothing we do will peel enough. Guess we'll have to intterupt all mage casts the entire game like we used to. Lately we've been HoJ bladestorming the rogues and it works sometimes but I'm thinking we're better off gimping mage damage.

I just need 2.2 5v5 for my own Arena Master, won't get it though :P Playing same comp as in 3s with an added disc priest and an elemental shaman. It's allright but the eurocomp healer setup works better with more cc like the eurocomp has.

Anyway, I got around 5-10 really fun matches (not endless and turtlish) I'm going to include in our (scrub) video :P Might include a little turtling as well seing as that's what we do 80% of the time :P

Btw, last thing, did you meet the feral/hunter/resto druid team? We won first time around, but they beat us 3 times since that.

#52 Oliria

Oliria
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Draenor
  • Blackout

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:05 AM

My first bladestorm was a mistake from my part, poorly played because our druid cycloned your paladin at the same time so I didn't get the sweeping strikes damage.

I don't think the early bladestorm was a good move anyway, but you we don't meet alot of mirrors (actually none), and it works well against TSG or other cleaves. We always try to put out early pressure to make them go defensive something like: Silence healer -> bladestorm -> HoJ Healer -> cyclone. Wasn't working against you tho should have figured that, your druid would have been in real trouble in the first switch if I'd saved my bladestorm for that.

But it's not like you didn't put out pressure, I was dipping just as much to your damage, but somehow you couldn't really recover from the second round of pressure on yourself, and we got the kill. We could both have played better for sure, but you only meet a mirror once every 2nd week or so :P

Looking forward to your movie for sure, hope you include some wizardcleaves (lock/mage/rshaman seems like a 100% loss to us) and maybe something like dk/hunter/healer.

I don't think we meet the feral/hunter/druid team, but I can easily see that as a really hard comp. Every team with a feral seems pretty hard, high pressure and those cyclones can screw you over.

#53 Lolcute

Lolcute
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Neptulon
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:08 PM

After some thinking (I watched my 250 gigs of recording from last night, again) I've decided not to record any games where we que with an mmr below 2.4k just seems too scrubbish.. most of the wins vs 2.2 teams they make such horrible mistakes anyway it's not rly worth watching.

We met mirror 3 times yesterday in fact, 2 times vs another team we beat both times, 1 time vs you guys :P

#54 Oliria

Oliria
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Draenor
  • Blackout

Posted 12 November 2009 - 04:18 PM

Funny, we've played a total of 5 mirror matches this season, 2 being against a team from our own server. But then again we always play late at night, very rarely in weekends.

I actually would have loved to see our game, too bad you deleted it. Anyway I stand by my request: wizardcleaves (especially lock/mage ones) and dk/hunter/healer. I'd love to see how you play against other types of comps aswell, but those 2 are really giving us trouble.

#55 Oliria

Oliria
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Draenor
  • Blackout

Posted 17 November 2009 - 11:17 PM

How's the movie coming?

#56 Lolcute

Lolcute
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Neptulon
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 19 November 2009 - 12:11 AM

Only had 1 day of shots so far, rating is bad atm :P Haven't had a good long play session since either. We all have our exams from around now-end of december..

Might be a couple more weeks or a month before I get around to complete it I'm afraid. It's more of a small "on the side" thing for me than actually getting back within glad-range :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<