• Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:10 PM

Just got this pearl of a bad beat:

in a heads up after a 18 player SNG

I'm holding a straight on the flop (9T + JQK), go all in vs some guy who holds a pair of kings (he called my all in with K4o jesus christ), guess what comes out of the turn + river... 9T sigh
split pot

right after that he wins another all in
me holding QK
him holding something like J8 of clovers
flop reads 8QK, 1 clover (srsly who goes all in with the lowest pair on the flop?)

guess what comes out of the turn + river ? thats right, 2 clovers

I hate poker sometimes

anyways, feel free to post any note worthy hands
merely for recreational purposes, or venting of steam

#2 somal

somal
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Deathwing
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:14 PM

what site do you play on?

#3 Vander

Vander
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:32 PM

full tilt for now, gonna cash in my bonus and then transfer my money to titan

#4 n3rdrage

n3rdrage
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Kirin Tor
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:42 PM

I was 4th in chips in the nightly 70 grand on stars. Atleast thats what i think it is, i dont play on stars ever lol. Chip leader was at my table. I was on the button with KK and a raise ahead of me. I 3bet and the initial raisers flat calls. flop comes A A 9. He checks to me and i decided to check behind. Turn is a king, so i boated up. We raised/3bet/4bet/etc until we were all in on the turn. He had like AJ or something. So i had to avoid a ace jack or 9 on the river to be WAYYYYY ahead of everyone. I couldve set it to sit out and made it to the final table lol. Of course, 9 on the river. :(

#5 Aesa

Aesa

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:09 AM

I beat a guy today who had the nut flush (Ace high) with a straight flush :D
selling my r1 druid 350$ very good pve/pvp feral/resto sets, 10k+ gold etc

#6 facebiter

facebiter
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:31 AM

hmm i've had so many but it doesn't really affect me because i play 24 tables.

Today though i had a pretty funny one. I raise it up 4BBs preflop.  Board is k/5/9.

I bet 80% pot size with my k/k into the pot. He calls again with his 5/6. Turn card is 5, then river is another 5.

I make sure to type "well played" after every bad beat. It's funny and sad because they never detect sarcasm.

#7 Vexo

Vexo
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Combat 2/2/2/0/0/2

Posted 20 October 2009 - 07:15 AM

I lost with AA to 38 and AA to 68 to go down $50 today on fulltilt (both all ins pre-flop)

#8 Vexo

Vexo
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Combat 2/2/2/0/0/2

Posted 20 October 2009 - 07:16 AM

I also lost last week with KK to A2 with 5555 coming on the board to bubble out of a $25 tourney.

#9 facebiter

facebiter
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 20 October 2009 - 07:51 AM

Vexo said:

I also lost last week with KK to A2 with 5555 coming on the board to bubble out of a $25 tourney.

That's gotta be the most annoying way to get knocked out.

#10 Vander

Vander
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:48 PM

Vexo said:

HAH

thats awesome :D

#11 wizrobelol

wizrobelol

Posted 20 October 2009 - 03:13 PM

Some friends and I are playing at my parent's bar the other night, came in with 30$ and 6 people and ended up breaking everyone but one of them, we each have about 200$ at this point.

7/8 suited pre flop, straight flush on the flop, he goes all in so I figure he's bluffing since he tends to make stupid bets. Motherfucker hits a royal flush.

At this point I decide to take advantage of the free liquor and drown myself in Johnnie walker and club soda.

BulrugIsScrub said:

what are you on about noob?

when i'm not in animal form i can get sheeped. did you ebay or something? seriously?

Kodark said:

scrap that stupidest thing i have ever done was beaching a jet boat with  some friends because we tried to go to mcdonalds on the beach and figured they must have a "boat thru"

:warrior:

#12 Vander

Vander
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 20 October 2009 - 03:41 PM

wizrobelol said:

Some friends and I are playing at my parent's bar the other night, came in with 30$ and 6 people and ended up breaking everyone but one of them, we each have about 200$ at this point.

7/8 suited pre flop, straight flush on the flop, he goes all in so I figure he's bluffing since he tends to make stupid bets. Motherfucker hits a royal flush.

At this point I decide to take advantage of the free liquor and drown myself in Johnnie walker and club soda.

atleast thats an awesome way to go out of a tourny :)

#13 Aesa

Aesa

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:32 PM

how the fuck can you possibly play 24 tables lol
selling my r1 druid 350$ very good pve/pvp feral/resto sets, 10k+ gold etc

#14 n3rdrage

n3rdrage
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Kirin Tor
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:44 PM

Aesa said:

how the fuck can you possibly play 24 tables lol

Boku87, 60 tables SNG's lol

edit:
forgot this
"July 15th Boku87 will start challenge #2, turning $5 into $100,000 within 1 year playing on PokerStars. He claims that he can do it in a few months starting the challenge as Supernova VIP."

#15 Axx

Axx
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:57 PM

n3rdrage said:

Boku87, 60 tables SNG's lol

edit:
forgot this
"July 15th Boku87 will start challenge #2, turning $5 into $100,000 within 1 year playing on PokerStars. He claims that he can do it in a few months starting the challenge as Supernova VIP."

I checked in on this a few months ago and he was doing pretty well. Chris Ferguson did something similar where he started with $0.00 on FullTilt and turned it into $10,000 successfully. I think it took him 9-15months. (Majority of the time was spent getting his starting cash from the freerolls)

Edit: Also

Hearts
Diamonds
Spades
Clubs

Not clovers ;)

#16 n3rdrage

n3rdrage
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Kirin Tor
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:01 PM

the chris ferguson one was actually $1 to 20k. Daniel Neagraneu did it also. They both played cash games the entire way. Boku is 60 tabling SNG's lol. the most ive played was 16 and i was timing out all over the place lol.

#17 Cheesié

Cheesié
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:46 PM

Joining the final table having the lowest possible stack, and than win the tourney

#18 Vander

Vander
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 21 October 2009 - 05:47 PM

BAH, just finished JUST outside the money in a 90 player SNG

bb was 600
my stack was about 5500
I THOUGHT I was in the money already (stupid stupid mistake)and I get AK
thinking im in the money and I have a decent shot to double up and move up in the prizes I go all in preflop

got busted by some guy calling my all in with QJ getting 2 jacks on the flop and a queen on the river...

I hate myself for this because only then I saw I actually WASNT in the money, just missing 1 spot
what makes this worse is that there where 2 players with like 1k-2k chips... would have been so easy to just sit it out to the cash

bah

#19 Axx

Axx
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:22 PM

Vander said:

BAH, just finished JUST outside the money in a 90 player SNG

bb was 600
my stack was about 5500
I THOUGHT I was in the money already (stupid stupid mistake)and I get AK
thinking im in the money and I have a decent shot to double up and move up in the prizes I go all in preflop

got busted by some guy calling my all in with QJ getting 2 jacks on the flop and a queen on the river...

I hate myself for this because only then I saw I actually WASNT in the money, just missing 1 spot
what makes this worse is that there where 2 players with like 1k-2k chips... would have been so easy to just sit it out to the cash

bah

story of my life

#20 Greg.

Greg.
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 22 October 2009 - 11:07 AM

Worst bad beat I've ever seen happened to my brother on PS.

10sng brother (2400chips) is on the button, utg(3200chips) min-raises to 200 (100-200 blinds) my brother calls with pockets 4s and it's folded around the flop comes 4-4-x they both check, turn is an ace, utg bets 400, brother raises to 800, guy goes all in with a aces full, UTG rivers the ace and my brother almost broke his monitor :confused:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<