Bulldozor
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Burning Steppes
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 19 October 2009 - 05:32 PM

Whatever you wanna blame... :)

Im sure that an enhancement shaman does way more damage than the bloodlusted pets. I agree they live on the wolves but their damage isn't as bad as you make it out to be.

You don't have much problems with DK's 'Cause of disease cleasing totem, not everyone completely counter another class with a numb piece of wood on the ground :D

I understand you don't have problems handeling rets, there's such a huge difference between a good ret and a bad ret. Most rets will put out no pressure at all, tunnelvisioning the first target in sight.

As i've posted earlier i would agree that UA ontop of MS is a bit much, putting a 8-12 sec CD on it, like they did with L'n'L (22 secs i think?), would be fair, but im still not convinced that warriors are "THAT" OP as people make them seem.

#42 Xaine

Xaine
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 19 October 2009 - 05:50 PM

Well, I personally find DK and Ret damage to be 'healable'...while warrior damage is not (due to MS and UA). Enhancement are healable, but extremely difficult to deal with due to insane interrupts.

Look at it from this point of view. All a Warrior has is his damage, and UA.

Rets have BoP, cleane, Freedom, can heal if they need to, stuns, bubble etc. They are a support class, and for a support class, they still do fucking insane damage, comparable to Warriors, at least in burst.

DKs have alot of self utility, inculuding 2 pets, death grip, a ranged snare and silence, and alot of defence (bone shield, IBG, AMZ, AMS).

Im not complaining about that, but a Warrior is a very one dimentional class in comparision. Yes we have alot of mobility, but do use our interupts we need to fuck around with stances, macros, and shields first (losing our rage when we change stances in the mix of it all). All we bring is Damage and UA/MS. Compared to other classes, almost every other class, thats pathetic. While UA and Damage is brilliant, it doesn't give us many options in comparison. Also, DKs and Rets arn't THAT far behind us on damage.

#43 aceofblades

aceofblades

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:30 AM

ill agree with u there azmod, we are traditionally a pressuring class, the neature of a warr is to overpower there opponents thro the means of brutality. we are fairly kitable if you play correctly, also it only takes a cc on healer anda stun on us in battlestance w/o a sword and board and we can go down. every class has its weakness. i spoze its a matte of what we counter. and in regard to our damage its only good when u can use ur other cooldowns to apply the pressure. dont know, wheres theres people theres qq guess were just lucky this season, nuff said

#44 BlueJoe

BlueJoe
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Shadow
  • RBG: 1305

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:35 AM

:warrior: = OP

/thread
Posted ImageBJPosted Image
Posted Image

Spoiler

#45 Stammpy

Stammpy
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Deathwing
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:19 AM

A decent warrior should be able to shit on a shaman period. Unless he has really bad gear the shaman will either go oom es tanking or die. Solo I can tank a warrior with es add in a pally hojing you or a dk throwing dmg into good game

#46 aceofblades

aceofblades

Posted 20 October 2009 - 03:22 AM

A decent warrior should be able to shit on a shaman period. Unless he has really bad gear the shaman will either go oom es tanking or die. Solo I can tank a warrior with es add in a pally hojing you or a dk throwing dmg into good game

hey bro are u high? u know those things called frost shock and ghost wolf + pillar. it = never be raped by warr. i thought ud know this. u may be oom but they wont global u in ne way shap or form, frost shock kite till 50% mana then get ur partner to peel?? totem/drink winnah?

#47 Stammpy

Stammpy
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Deathwing
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:29 AM

hey bro are u high? u know those things called frost shock and ghost wolf + pillar. it = never be raped by warr. i thought ud know this. u may be oom but they wont global u in ne way shap or form, frost shock kite till 50% mana then get ur partner to peel?? totem/drink winnah?

Oh hey man heard of i dunno charge? Intercept? hamstring? bladestorm? those moves sound good? kind of hard to frost shock + ghost wolf kite when a warrior with full arp is ripping my face while a pally is chasing me around hojing and judging me. maybe your doing it wrong but the good warriors on blackrock rip me a new one. oh and also lol freedom? I can es tank a warrior but im going to go oom fast and trying to water shield tank a warrior with good gear is a terrible idea and a good way to get yourself killed

#48 Draekin

Draekin
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 20 October 2009 - 03:04 PM

ill agree with u there azmod, we are traditionally a pressuring class, the neature of a warr is to overpower there opponents thro the means of brutality. we are fairly kitable if you play correctly, also it only takes a cc on healer anda stun on us in battlestance w/o a sword and board and we can go down. every class has its weakness. i spoze its a matte of what we counter. and in regard to our damage its only good when u can use ur other cooldowns to apply the pressure. dont know, wheres theres people theres qq guess were just lucky this season, nuff said

Kite-able? You tell me how an ele shaman, warlock or priest is supposed to kite you?

Ele Sham: hamstring > thunderstorm > charge > earthbind root > trinket + intercept > ??? dead shaman.

Warlock: hamstring > portal > charge > fear (warrior breaks fear) > fear > trinket the fear > intercept > ??? dead lock.

Priest: hamstring > psychic scream > warrior breaks scream > ??? dead priest

only thing that can effectively kite you is a frost mage, end of story.

Seems like dos equis mis-casted the most interesting man in the world after encountering this fine specimen known as 'Draekin'

Draekin is like the best thing that ever happened to this forum

I like this Draeken dude a lot.

#49 huggy77

huggy77

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:02 PM

Oh hey man heard of i dunno charge? Intercept? hamstring? bladestorm? those moves sound good? kind of hard to frost shock + ghost wolf kite when a warrior with full arp is ripping my face while a pally is chasing me around hojing and judging me. maybe your doing it wrong but the good warriors on blackrock rip me a new one. oh and also lol freedom? I can es tank a warrior but im going to go oom fast and trying to water shield tank a warrior with good gear is a terrible idea and a good way to get yourself killed

what is your partner doing while the warriors partner is helping him....

i play warrior shaman and i am constantly trying to intervene, unarm, demo, hamstring the dps chasing my shaman... Save your instant hex for when you have UA on you...

#50 Carboz

Carboz
  • Junkies

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:04 PM

warriors are fine, learn to play.

#51 Draekin

Draekin
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:04 PM

what is your partner doing while the warriors partner is helping him....

his partner accidentally died in a lolstorm

i play warrior shaman and i am constantly trying to intervene, unarm, demo, hamstring the dps chasing my shaman... Save your instant hex for when you have UA on you...

instant hex is for goofing around. against warriors you're going to need NS to tidal wave + healing wave yourself at some point.

Seems like dos equis mis-casted the most interesting man in the world after encountering this fine specimen known as 'Draekin'

#52 huggy77

huggy77

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:24 PM

again look at the top 100 on SK... There is one warrior in the top ten... There are 5 priests in the top ten of the bracket.... If warriors where so OP then there would be better representation in the top 100... Perhaps mages rogues or priests need a nerf do to there over representation on the top 100.... Saying a class needs a nerf is one thing... Looking at the representation of the great arena teams is another....

Warriors are fine....

#53 Bulldozor

Bulldozor
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Burning Steppes
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:26 PM

Ok fast trick to any shaman having problems kiting a warrior.

STEP 1: Find a pillar
STEP 2: Use Earthbind totem
STEP 3: Use Ghostwolf
STEP 4: Run around the pillar

Can't charge or intercept around it, and earthbind totem is undispellable, if they move to it to kill it, you should be free to run anyway.

If the warrior is pullin' out some crazy rng hamstring luck you could need your partner helping you out.
If you do this, you are free to run around the pillar, LHW and ghostwolf again.
The warrior will soon lose interest as he realize you can't be caught.
It's all about posistioning yo, not even BLACKROCK WARRIORS can catch something that can't be slowed while moving at 50% speed and unable to use any form of charge.

And don't gimme some shit about you not being able to do this, cause i am :/ on my shitty alt.

#54 Draekin

Draekin
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:47 PM

Can't charge or intercept around it, and earthbind totem is undispellable, if they move to it to kill it, you should be free to run anyway.

If the warrior is pullin' out some crazy rng hamstring luck you could need your partner helping you out.
If you do this, you are free to run around the pillar, LHW and ghostwolf again.
The warrior will soon lose interest as he realize you can't be caught.
It's all about posistioning yo, not even BLACKROCK WARRIORS can catch something that can't be slowed while moving at 50% speed and unable to use any form of charge.

And don't gimme some shit about you not being able to do this, cause i am :/ on my shitty alt.

Okay, so in RoV we're screwed. Stomp earthbind, we run, they intercept us. You've gotta be fighting some retarded warriors with awful gear. Warriors with relentless weapons can 100-50 a shaman through earth shield in little longer than a charge-stun.

EDIT: I have 1000 resil and 24k hp. And just for comparison, I can sit through an entire cheap shot + kidney shot from an equally geared rogue before I approach 60% through earth shield.

#55 Kesk

Kesk
  • Kesk
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Mazrigos
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:18 PM

Warriors don't just randomly hit bladestorm when the shaman is free to do as he pleases. A warrior will typically bladestorm during a stun, a daze on the shaman, or a skillful imp hamstring proc from which point the healer can't realistically run away. Pretty much every bladestorm should require all hands on deck to survive, unless the warrior is an idiot like the one in your example.

Really don't know how people still defend warrior damage, but who cares anymore the game is broken. I get the impression that some people want to keep buffing warriors until they hit 10% rep on sk100, no matter how stupid the game would become.

#56 huggy77

huggy77

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:21 PM

I have 1000 resil and 24k hp. And just for comparison, I can sit through an entire cheap shot + kidney shot from an equally geared rogue before I approach 60% through earth shield.

Even if that was true and you where not over exaggerating the warrior damage... Rogues have 3x the utility that a warrior has....

we have to do good damage if we have practically zero utility...

#57 Draekin

Draekin
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:00 PM

Even if that was true and you where not over exaggerating the warrior damage... Rogues have 3x the utility that a warrior has....

we have to do good damage if we have practically zero utility...

Hamstring, Bladestorm, Mortal Strike, Unrelenting Assault and an AoE fear aren't decent utility? Thats weird.

#58 Whillwinz

Whillwinz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Stonemaul
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:03 PM

I hope Blizzard is smart enough to realize that it's ArP making Warriors hit so hard. I have a Warrior as well and he is forced to gem strength since he does not raid and every time we do come up against an ArP geared Warr, the damage is ridic.

The problem is not with Warriors, they are as balanced as they have ever been. It's ARP being completely broken where their damage skyrockets. A warrior with 100% arp when trink proc and he bladestorms, now that is what 99% of people complain about.

Solution: Make ArP on par with Str. Warriors don't hit as hard and everyone save for the ArP users are happy!

Just because you don't PVE doesn't mean you should stack Str, that actually makes no sense whatsoever.

Umm, earthbind is completely dispellable...

#59 Xaine

Xaine
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:19 PM

Okay, so in RoV we're screwed. Stomp earthbind, we run, they intercept us. You've gotta be fighting some retarded warriors with awful gear. Warriors with relentless weapons can 100-50 a shaman through earth shield in little longer than a charge-stun.

EDIT: I have 1000 resil and 24k hp. And just for comparison, I can sit through an entire cheap shot + kidney shot from an equally geared rogue before I approach 60% through earth shield.

Yes mate, 1 map out of all of them is going to give you a problem vs Warriors.

Also, you're acting like EVERY SINGLE WARRIOR is taking off 50% of your HP in a global. Which they don't.

Also, while we're on the comparision topic, Warriors do have more damage that Rogues atm yes. However, Warriors don't have stuns comparable to a Rogue, or the crowd control, or the anti crowd control, or the utility, or the ability to stealth. I could go on.

So you can't tank a Warrior, cry more. Run for it. Find a pillar, earthbind and run around it. On RoV, get your partner to help you.

Try fighting a Mage/Priest on RoV as a Warrior/Druid. I'm not complaining that a Frost Mage can lock me down roughly 70% of the time, while DPSing my Druid at the same time.

#60 Draekin

Draekin
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:23 PM

Yes mate, 1 map out of all of them is going to give you a problem vs Warriors.

Also, you're acting like EVERY SINGLE WARRIOR is taking off 50% of your HP in a global. Which they don't.

Also, while we're on the comparision topic, Warriors do have more damage that Rogues atm yes. However, Warriors don't have stuns comparable to a Rogue, or the crowd control, or the anti crowd control, or the utility, or the ability to stealth. I could go on.

So you can't tank a Warrior, cry more. Run for it. Find a pillar, earthbind and run around it. On RoV, get your partner to help you.

Try fighting a Mage/Priest on RoV as a Warrior/Druid. I'm not complaining that a Frost Mage can lock me down roughly 70% of the time, while DPSing my Druid at the same time.

Clearly you have no idea how frustrating it is to be a healer in WOTLK, neither do you understand the difficulty in staying alive with -75% healing reduction. Warriors don't play alone, they normally have DKs or Paladins or Warlocks, etc. helping them dps a target who can no longer heal himself due to MS/UA.

How would you like trying to kill me if my Earth Shock reduced your damage by 75% ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<