Photo

the state of the death knight

• Please log in to reply
367 replies to this topic

#1 Dennis

Dennis

Posted 16 October 2009 - 12:58 AM

1 team with dk in it in the top 20 2v2 teams in the world, no dks in top 10 3v3 teams of the world, i am not saying this class is incredibily underpowered itsjust it seems to me our arena utality is pretty much replaced by every other class they can use instead of us.

so thus i ask, what state are we in.
My Dk is so OP, that david copperfield died in my anti-magic zone.

#2 Final

Final

Posted 16 October 2009 - 12:59 AM

I'm in arizona.

LOL

sig anyone?

#3 Dennis

Dennis

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:04 AM

I'm in arizona.

cleaver :)

NY here

but seriousely, wtf how are we suppouse to play ike this.

#4 Final

Final

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:09 AM

cleaver :)

NY here

but seriousely, wtf how are we suppouse to play ike this.

Yes I play Cleave???

LOL

sig anyone?

#5 Cooldown

Cooldown
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:10 AM

looking at small sample sizes is the stupidest way to judge a class' strength fyi

#6 fadingaway

fadingaway
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2278

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:11 AM

Dk's atm are in a bad state, i will agree, warriors are doing just as much damage or more than dk's and have 50% ms even up to 75% ms UA overpowers.

I don't se why they keep throwing minor nerf's at dk's I.E. 1minute gnawl, inc SS nerf as i have heard, and all the other stuff they did to them.

They did slightly buff them with the clensing totem "nerf" but it doesn't seem it did very much, maybe for 2's, but 2's is a trash bracket now and provides almost no purpose.

I'm unsure of what they could do with dk's at this time, after seeing all the nerf's they have giving dk's, for many of them, not very needed.

Blizz is just not showing much support on the class atm, for who know's what reasons. But hey, it's blizz, they need to hiring better people at balancing a game.

#7 Dennis

Dennis

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:17 AM

looking at small sample sizes is the stupidest way to judge a class' strength fyi

small sample size? i am talking about arenas not raid composition lol. i dont see any other way making a point unless stating the conditions of the top teams.

#8 Gluttony

Gluttony
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents:

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:21 AM

http://www.realmhist...-breakdown.html

1 issue is that the rating it shows it a bit low, it should show 2200/2400+
" I am not positive I am HIV positive"

#9 Dennis

Dennis

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:34 AM

i am actually horrified by what i saw in that link.....i dont even know what to say to bliz any more, like honestly, u guys are !#[email protected][email protected]%[email protected]#%@#%^#$%&#*$^*##$~!%#[email protected]#T!$%&*$($#%@$%@#$. now go ahead and imagine what ever the [email protected]$% i just said.

#10 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:55 AM

sounds like your mad because you got replaced by a mage brah.

#11 Granter

Granter
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:02 AM

Erm a horrible state of a class would be when there isnt even 1single team with the class in top 1000.

This would be hunters after patch 3.1 came out. :(

But saying how good a class is by looking on what the teams with the highest rating in the world have is kinda retarded.

(3v3)| View history
R/M/P 18%
RS/M/WL 7%
W/HP/DK 6% <-----warrior/holyP/dk, third most popular setup? aint that bad? :confused:

On the same time DK's are the second "worst" represented class in 3v3, hunters having the lowest %. While it's pretty much same thing in 2v2 only that there are abit more hunters then dk's.

So how do you really compare how good a class is then?
I have the answer for you!

Death Knights are a really good class but everyone that's playing dk's are scrubs and should l2p, that's why there are so low amount of dk's.

This is the answer ppl gave me when ppl said hunters needed buffing from s2-s4, just throwing the same thing back at another class :)

#12 Elraen

Elraen
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Crushridge
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Unholy
  • RBG: 2028

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:07 AM

The only thing that needs to change right now is that 3-disease Scourge Strike needs to be buffed back to pre-3.2 numbers. 0-disease scourge strike should only hit for a little less than a fully loaded one does right now.

That way, we're still a little bit of a threat with less diseases up, but we're threatening with all 3 up. Our survivability has been continually nerfed. Or utility has been nerfed. What else do we have?

It's not like our damage is "hit a button, damage happens" like ret damage is. We have to set it up. It takes time. It's not instant. It's predictable. When we get 3 diseases up, you know scourge strikes are about to happen.
-Aëon, the hunter formerly known as Elraen
-Formerly Sïn

"And rmp is fine it isn't even that amazing"

-Gladiator Mage

#13 Wibang

Wibang
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Bloodfeather
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 2/2/2/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1512
  • 3v3: 856
  • 5v5: 766
  • RBG: 1851

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:10 AM

This is the answer ppl gave me when ppl said hunters needed buffing from s2-s4, just throwing the same thing back at another class

So you saw someone being immature little piece of ****, and thought that was cool, and wanted to pass it on :o

thx =).

And little feedback too. I would like to see totem fix firstly, and then if it doesnt solve anything..then more.

#14 Mackeveli

Mackeveli
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:10 AM

lol one thing all these qq threads are sure to bring... buffssss (than nerfs)

dont know how ppl suddenly have come to the mindset that dks are so broken. they took off 2-3k dmg from ss, but they increased our dot pressure. of course, overall we lost a lot of dmg compared to what we once were. but those were needed changes b/c ss shouldnt be critting for 7k+

one thing that has always been broken is cleansing totem. the "fix" is definitely noticeable, now they just need to add a lil more to it and dks are completely balanced.

nerf ele, destro, and war burst and every1 is on a lvl playing field.

^with that said i still am top dmg pretty much every game im in qq

#15 agallockz

agallockz
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:16 AM

everyone that's playing dk's are scrubs and should l2p

You heard it here folks. A non biased, 100% factual blanket statement about ALL dks.

#16 Jobelina

Jobelina
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:16 AM

Buff hunters! :)

#17 Gluttony

Gluttony
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents:

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:23 AM

i love how deathknights who have been the most op thing this game has seen for a season and very strong for a second season and weak for the next season bitch more than hunters who were basically crap for all seasons cept 5
" I am not positive I am HIV positive"

#18 Ampd

Ampd
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:48 AM

Yah looking at those stats is kinda weird cuz it seems like hunters have some of the top comps. Hunt/Lock/XX, Beast Cleave, and HPD just to name a few. But I suppose one could say the same about DKs in shadowcleave, TSG, and HPD -_-

#19 Azlinn

Azlinn
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Blood
  • RBG: 576

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:54 AM

i love how deathknights who have been the most op thing this game has seen for a season and very strong for a second season and weak for the next season bitch more than hunters who were basically crap for all seasons cept 5

glad people like you don't balance the game.

#20 Dennis

Dennis

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:21 AM

sounds like your mad because you got replaced by a mage brah.

i smirked a little.

mage has always been on the team tho, i joined this team few weeks ago. Von is a good mage, its not easy to play a mage good so i give him that.

i am not mad because w/e u think it is but reallybecuse i did all i can to try to save my druid but i could not do it, i anti magic zoned a lock burst, DG rogue away from druid, then silenced the lock but he still died. as opposed to if he was playingwith a mage, mage would just lolsheep some one or freeze rogue and lock in place, and the stun, interupt and silence lock for a long ass time. the pressure from his shatter is prob enough to make rls turtle a little. as opposed to other classes dks have no good cc, no good burst since lol clenase > my class and classes like war outdps me and can apply ms.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<