Photo

wow .08 second frostbolts inc?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
187 replies to this topic

#181 Absolut

Absolut
  • Junkies

Posted 15 October 2009 - 12:43 PM

That itemization (1000 haste mage) will be horrible when the changes goes through. What are you even complaining about?

I'm jelaous because as a priest I have 2398472938 stats I want while keeping 99999 resilience, whereas a mage can go 1000 haste to just turret frostbolts.

But hey, I got used to that.

And then you get Frozen Core boost? Now apart from close to uninterruptible CC, you'll get uninterruptible damage. Cool

I just see NO reason to buff mages.
If you feel underpowered, I don't want to be around the day when you'd consider yourself balanced.

With shatter and fingers of frost, mages can IGNORE a stat called crit. Already in TBC, they were sitting at a value close to being negated by resilience. But they still crit a lot thanks to talents.
Now, you're being given Haste like boost which will - as people already suggest - make you drop haste because you don't need that absurd amount anymore.

What will you stack into oblivion this time, 4k spellpower :)?

Just sayin.

#182 Archmage

Archmage
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:15 PM

Correct. This talent will NOT increase Frost Mage burst compared to what it is currently. Frost mages currently just chaincast frostbolt into deep freeze because with the levels of haste we are able to achieve, ice lance has become obsolete.

In fact, before this change, there was concern here and there even by the player base, about how ice lance's poor scaling was making it obsolete

Well, here is their change! Furthermore, this is ALSO not a big deal because of the fact that you can't *just* get Frozen Core, you MUST take points out of other useful damagae talents, as others have already pointed out.

The sky is not falling. People are bandwagon lemmings in greater strength than before.

Personally, I think this talent is great. It will not actually let you do more damage in a 3 second window (maybe in a 6+ second window the gap may appear), and makes mage play more dynamic, and allows frostbolts to come out more consistently

Previously, the main problem with Mage damage was that it was too easily LOSable, like hunter's. While they haven't exactly fixed that problem with hunters, having lance grant GCD Frostbolts is an AMAZING cure to the LOSability of mages and allows great mages to separate themselves further by being un-LOSable with some skill. Good change, surprising intelligence shown by Blizzard pvp devs imo.

Great stupidity shown by the masses of stupid players who actually think this a significant DPS/burst buff, though.

Didn't see this post, totally agree.

#183 Absolut

Absolut
  • Junkies

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:34 PM

I would agree if I was a mage, too.

#184 Youdienow

Youdienow
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:49 PM

No mage in the entire world was asking for this buff. If you got a problem with it contact blizzard, don't whine or complain to mages, cause its not our fault.

Just sit back and enjoy the rollercoaster ride that is blizzard-development.

#185 Jewpaci

Jewpaci
  • Junkies

Posted 15 October 2009 - 03:16 PM

I'm jelaous because as a priest I have 2398472938 stats I want while keeping 99999 resilience, whereas a mage can go 1000 haste to just turret frostbolts.

But hey, I got used to that.

And then you get Frozen Core boost? Now apart from close to uninterruptible CC, you'll get uninterruptible damage. Cool

I just see NO reason to buff mages.
If you feel underpowered, I don't want to be around the day when you'd consider yourself balanced.

With shatter and fingers of frost, mages can IGNORE a stat called crit. Already in TBC, they were sitting at a value close to being negated by resilience. But they still crit a lot thanks to talents.
Now, you're being given Haste like boost which will - as people already suggest - make you drop haste because you don't need that absurd amount anymore.

What will you stack into oblivion this time, 4k spellpower :)?

Just sayin.

I could go through any class in the game's talent trees and list talents to make them seem powerful like that.... it's all relative. Relative to other dps classes, mages come in behind due to average damage while chaining and bad damage while being denied. This fixes that problem without making mage damage obscene.

I find it pretty ironic that you're going around saying "OHHH YOURE BIASED BC YOU PLAY A MAGE THATS WHY YOU THINK THAT", when it's pretty clear you're the most deluded, self interested poster in the thread.

#186 Mythic

Mythic
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 15 October 2009 - 04:14 PM

Just out of curiosity, since it's pretty much a consensus that the glyph is a PvE change, would replenishment (do pets even get that?) as well as Blessing of Wisdom be enough to keep it's mana up?

nop doubt it, and no pets donot get replenishment (or atleast, currently)

lol why do rogues complain about vanish breaking when it never does unless you're bad

2600 4-times gladiator priest

#187 affix

affix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • RBG: 2479

Posted 15 October 2009 - 04:17 PM

played around with it on the PTR and it felt like an incredibly minor PvP buff... just another proc to watch for, and changes how we need to set up offensive deep freezes a little bit (not that we ever actually use DF for damage :/ )

#188 Vtec

Vtec
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Unholy
  • RBG: 3000

Posted 15 October 2009 - 04:21 PM

where my dawgs at
Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic