• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

• Moderators
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Illidan
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 09 October 2009 - 12:57 PM

If this is correct then the tooltip is absolutely incorrect. I do read EJ obviously (who doesn't?), and that would be the most logical solution, but then again, it's Blizz we're talking about... Making the strike affected a bit by armor but not totally would be similar to how retpaladins are working w/ seals.. However, the wording is terrible if that's the case.

#42 Elraen

Elraen
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Crushridge
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Unholy
  • RBG: 2028

Posted 09 October 2009 - 01:07 PM

If this is correct then the tooltip is absolutely incorrect. I do read EJ obviously (who doesn't?), and that would be the most logical solution, but then again, it's Blizz we're talking about... Making the strike affected a bit by armor but not totally would be similar to how retpaladins are working w/ seals.. However, the wording is terrible if that's the case.

Indeed. The tool-tip clearly indicates the shadow damage will be based upon "damage done" NOT "weapon damage."

If the shadow damage is supposed to be based upon pre-armor damage, they didn't do a very good job of writing the tool-tip.
-Aëon, the hunter formerly known as Elraen
-Formerly Sïn

"And rmp is fine it isn't even that amazing"

-Gladiator Mage

#43 Elraen

Elraen
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Crushridge
  • Cyclone
  • RBG: 2028

Posted 09 October 2009 - 06:27 PM

Official Blizzard Quote:

The Shadow damage will be less if the physical part strikes for less. We took that into consideration when coming up with the numbers. On the other hand, the Shadow damage will strike for more if you have all of the talents that prop up Shadow damage, and that part can crit separately.

From many reports it appears that the Scourge Strike on the PTR isn't working correctly, so most of what we are getting back right now are theorycrafted numbers, and some of those are wildly off. Let's get the ability working correctly and then the community can have another go at it. We're totally open to shifting some more damage from Shadow to physical. We're not open to titanic Scourge strike crits again, given that Unholy DKs already do so much damage from diseases and magic.

The goal is for it to beat out two Blood Strikes or Obliterate.

Comments just made by GC.
-Aëon, the hunter formerly known as Elraen
-Formerly Sïn

"And rmp is fine it isn't even that amazing"

-Gladiator Mage

#44 Stratos

Stratos

Posted 09 October 2009 - 06:38 PM

"Scourge Strike doesn't work like Necrosis. There is no need to draw inferences from one to the other. If Scourge Strike benefits from EP and Black Ice on live, then the Shadow portion of it will in 3.3.

All we did was change part of the attack to physical damage, which lets us increase the amount that it hits for overall. This means it should do more damage against lightly armored or fully sundered targets but less damage against heavily armored targets (assuming no armor pen). Magic attacks (even melee weapon swings) typically hit for less since they ignore armor. Switching some of the damage to physical let us inflate the number.

Our goals were to make armor pen slightly more valuable to Unholy DKs and just make Scourge Strike and Reaping valuable to Unholy DKs. I understand many of you just wanted us to boost the numbers because you wanted for it to hit more, but under the way we balance it isn't fair for a magical attack to hit for as much as a physical attack.

The nerf to Unholy Blight was in part because we think SS will be contributing to more damage overall. "

http://forums.worldo...geNo=2&sid=1#29

So SS may suck vs plate, but the net damage increase will be around 1/2 of the talent unholy blight, and our reliance on diseases has vastly increased. OK THANKS

Posted Image

#45 dkcarries

dkcarries
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Unholy 2/1/1/2/2/0/0

Posted 09 October 2009 - 09:49 PM

just quit dk or gogo pve) i guess it is the best solution

#46 Xarthas

Xarthas
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Die Todeskrallen
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 10 October 2009 - 01:20 AM

Why the fuck they touch SS again -_-
Unholy PvP
Blood PvE
Frost Tank
All people are happy.

#47 Furl

Furl
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationSacramento CA

Posted 10 October 2009 - 10:22 AM

Can someone makes sense of all these numbers and just say, is it better or worse?

#48 Finkle

Finkle
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Aman'Thul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 10 October 2009 - 11:44 AM

Can someone makes sense of all these numbers and just say, is it better or worse?

^

#49 Sealcub

Sealcub
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Frostwolf
  • Bloodlust

Posted 10 October 2009 - 12:07 PM

#50 dkcarries

dkcarries
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Unholy 2/1/1/2/2/0/0

Posted 10 October 2009 - 12:14 PM

Why the fuck they touch SS again -_-
Unholy PvP
Blood PvE
Frost Tank
All people are happy.

Unholy PvE
Blood Tank
Frost Useless

#51 assitoni

assitoni
  • Members

Posted 10 October 2009 - 12:14 PM

WORSE.
betrayer = 3200 SS crit 900-1200 non crit

#52 Xarthas

Xarthas
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Die Todeskrallen
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 10 October 2009 - 12:46 PM

its fucking worse in any way, because it depends on physical dmg.

"The Shadow damage will be less if the physical part strikes for less"

#53 Vtec

Vtec
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • RBG: 3000

Posted 10 October 2009 - 03:09 PM

he goal is for it to beat out two Blood Strikes

so much damage, right?
Spoiler

#54 bighandxyz

bighandxyz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Blood 0/2/0/0/1/0
  • RBG: 2041

Posted 10 October 2009 - 04:44 PM

he goal is for it to beat out two Blood Strikes

so much damage, right?

blood strike hits decently hard in pve

#55 Sealcub

Sealcub
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Frostwolf
  • Bloodlust

Posted 10 October 2009 - 09:32 PM

A non double dipping Scourge Strike where the magic part is affected by armor as well sounds like an enormous PvP nerf though, in a stadium where Death knights are not exactly dominating either.
Even worse is that this scourge strike is almost twice as susceptible to dispels.

The change makes no sense.

Absolutely right. SS will be fully(!) affected by armor and worse, it will be more dependent on getting our diseases up. I believe you can say, this will absolutely kill unholy pvp as long as there are going to be shamans out there. They simply use their totem and SS hits for less than a blood strike.

For PvE it might though become a good change, giving us the possibity to not fully ignore Armor Pen. without making us somewhat relying on that.

Well, according to the theorycrafters at Elitistjerks, it is a nerf for PvP. Now more so than ever scourge strike is more reliant on diseases. Keep in mind though 3.3 is still new and there may be new changes for Death Knights.

#56 Disturblól

Disturblól
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Zul'jin
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 10 October 2009 - 10:19 PM

Keep in mind though 3.3 is still new and there may be new changes for Death Knights.

Which means new nerfs :D

#57 §neaky1296682669

§neaky1296682669

Posted 10 October 2009 - 10:52 PM

This is hilarious, instead of properly fixing DK's or just making DK's NOT the worst melee class, they decided to make them the new enhancement, so many stats so little sockets.

Well if i gem ARP my SS will be DECENt but my str and spells will suffer hugely, or i can go STR and my spells will go up and my SS will suck.

#58 Ioveme

Ioveme
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 11 October 2009 - 03:11 PM

fuck this im outa here
:deathknight: HateYou

#59 Bambooshay

Bambooshay

Posted 11 October 2009 - 06:16 PM

fuck this im outa here

Already been gearing my lock. He brings me back to the good ol' days of 2h frost with sigil.

#60 Sealcub

Sealcub
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Frostwolf
  • Bloodlust

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:25 AM

We just played several dozen games of arena this week, both 3v3 and 5v5 games combined. Of all the games, I was the only DK in 5v5, and in 3v3 we met one other DK. I play on US-Bloodlust, by the way, which is supposedly one of the more popular groups owing to Tichondrius and Blackrock.

It might also be interesting to note that most of the teams we played against were Wizard Cleaves. Shaman + multiple casters almost every other game. They just seem to be unbeatable too. I don't even know what the point of this game is any more.

Totems are still difficult to find and kill. Even if I do miraculously manage to kill the cleansing totem, it has already ticked and since it has no cooldowns, shaman doesn't even bother to refresh 1 totem, they just blanket drop 4 at once.

Shows how little they care about its mana cost, but oh well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<