Eazyway
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Stonemaul
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:30 AM

lol you shouldn't be allowed to post.

Are you terrible at this game on purpose? A warrior will usually out damage a DK in 3s unless the match is really drawn out, but if it's drawn out to the second bladestorm the warrior will win. Our only support is Death grip, Strang and Chains of Ice. You're bad. Quit Soon.

Good thing those support abilities you mentioned are completely horrible. And i'm pretty positive that if you can't constantly out damage your warrior partner then you're doing things wrong.

Nice S1 Title, and 0 teams on your DK. You're clearly making a self experienced statement.

That statement is irrelevant to the topic and you're being a little too desperate to try to get a point across when you have none, sorry.

I haven't played with a ua lock or hunter yet, but from the teams I've fought, the lock wins if he's not terrible. Hunters I don't particularly remember.

Try playing after the changed not in 3.1, thanks.

My prot ret paladin and arcane mage have better CC, just as good peeling, and better assistance and damage. They're also undergeared as crap compared to my DK.

More random info irrelevant to the topic or my comments.

In regards to the new SS that's incoming, I can't say much cause I don't care to hop on to the PTR but things do look a little grim with what people have tested. With regards to the current patch though and your comment which I originally quoted, we aren't shitty. Go watch some streams/vids, get some advice, eat some wheaties. Peace.

#222 Phake1

Phake1
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1632
  • 3v3: 2524
  • LocationToronto Ontario Canada

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:33 AM

Don't worry dude, you'll always find dk's who pestilence against druid ( non cleanse ) teams and assume all their damage is single target and meaningful when they see themselves at the top of the damage board. But of course, then you'll have other classes coming in telling us we do too much damage and we are op and carried by class. So much for the WoW community.
Posted Image
http://www.twitch.tv/phakest

IBF is like putting a pillow in front of you to stop a knife

#223 Deathlygnome

Deathlygnome
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:54 AM

Don't worry dude, you'll always find dk's who pestilence against druid ( non cleanse ) teams and assume all their damage is single target and meaningful when they see themselves at the top of the damage board. But of course, then you'll have other classes coming in telling us we do too much damage and we are op and carried by class. So much for the WoW community.

Yeah I think I just got trolled. That kid can't be serious with what he's saying.

#224 Sealcub

Sealcub
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Frostwolf
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 24 October 2009 - 03:31 AM

Except we're a shitty support class. Shitty burst class. And shitty damage class overall.

I think Death Knight's support abilities right now is pretty decent. It is still very effective when used correctly. It is just that the other classes got buffed so much it is easier to play to just get another class like warlock and/or shaman. Ranged classes that offer way more burst. Way more.

People scream foul about Death Knight's burst but it takes melee range. Exactly! It takes melee range to do 5-7k scourge strike? What's the big deal? Chaos bolt, conflag, lava burst etc all hit way more from ranged.

It is true from the score board at the end of the game, DK usually does the most damage, but it is AOE, slow, gradual damage that's healable and doesn't win arena matches.

Anyway, a lot of people have noticed how warriors always scale the best with gear. Already we are seeing the trend but unless anything is being done they will be king in 3.3/next season. Off to level one myself. I am not even mad. DK will get buffed later or whatever.

#225 Deathlygnome

Deathlygnome
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 24 October 2009 - 03:38 AM

I think Death Knight's support abilities right now is pretty decent. It is still very effective when used correctly. It is just that the other classes got buffed so much it is easier to play to just get another class like warlock and/or shaman. Ranged classes that offer way more burst. Way more.

People scream foul about Death Knight's burst but it takes melee range. Exactly! It takes melee range to do 5-7k scourge strike? What's the big deal? Chaos bolt, conflag, lava burst etc all hit way more from ranged.

It is true from the score board at the end of the game, DK usually does the most damage, but it is AOE, slow, gradual damage that's healable and doesn't win arena matches.

Anyway, a lot of people have noticed how warriors always scale the best with gear. Already we are seeing the trend but unless anything is being done they will be king in 3.3/next season. Off to level one myself. I am not even mad. DK will get buffed later or whatever.

You get 5-7k crits? I think I need T2 weapon or some shit mine are around 6k full procs or 4.5-5k reg.

And I'm not mad either, sure I enjoy playing my DK but I've been playing my protret paladin and Arcane mage with half the gear and doing way more for my teams.

#226 Elraen

Elraen
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Crushridge
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Unholy
  • RBG: 2028

Posted 24 October 2009 - 05:39 AM

You get 5-7k crits? I think I need T2 weapon or some shit mine are around 6k full procs or 4.5-5k reg.

And I'm not mad either, sure I enjoy playing my DK but I've been playing my protret paladin and Arcane mage with half the gear and doing way more for my teams.

I've had my T2 weapon for a few weeks now, and I honestly can't remember a SS that was much above in arena. I smack up terribly-geared people in BGs all the time for 6-7k scourge strikes, but even with diseases on a target, 5k (in blood presence )is normally what I hit people for-I'll run recount on my next session to get a better number.
-Aëon, the hunter formerly known as Elraen
-Formerly Sïn

"And rmp is fine it isn't even that amazing"

-Gladiator Mage

#227 §neaky1296682669

§neaky1296682669

Posted 24 October 2009 - 06:41 AM

Just tested on the new PTR build again, my first try was a crit for...

3180/7999 dbl crit

With full relent T2 relent Awareness Basic arena gear for a Human DK.

Step in the right direction but it was a dummy.

*Edit sorry was wearing Viru sigil* so yea that's a big jump from 3k/3k with awareness in last build.

Also just got a 1637/1790 non crit on the dummy lol.
And a 4k-10k back to back with awareness.

#228 jrhowson

jrhowson
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aggramar
  • Blackout
  • Talents:

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:47 PM

Not a step in the right direction really, from what i saw on the ptr hitting plate/mail 800-1200 max and the shadow bit would be around 800-900 (with 3 diseases up) truly bad. As you say it was a dummy so not a real test in a pvp climate, in pve SS is great in pvp it will be terrible if it goes live.

I need to find a priest or something and test if the shadow portion works when he has shield up. From a pvp standpoint i just wish they would buff SS by 10-15% or something, 5-6.5k in the current pvp climate is fine given the difficulty to keep diseases up and other classes burst/burst with ms :( But basically unless you find a very weak armor class with no shields etc and then DOUBLE crit you might outdamage current SS.

Or maybe make killing machine lower down and make it effect DC's :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<