• EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/0/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1519
  • 3v3: 1135
  • LocationEngland

Posted 07 October 2009 - 07:29 PM

Fix ArP. :[

dont be daft the obvious answer is to fix mortal strike 20 second cd and does no damage lol

#43 Dante

Dante
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationSarajevo

Posted 07 October 2009 - 07:34 PM

Holy shit.

It's not the class that is unbalanced save for unrelenting assault, it's arp, arp scaling, and trinkets like GT/runestone.

#44 Draekin

Draekin
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 07 October 2009 - 07:41 PM

dont be daft the obvious answer is to fix mortal strike 20 second cd and does no damage lol

Alright really smart guy. If you don't like that idea...tell me why? Give good reasons why that wouldn't work, besides your obligatory "cuz dmg wud be 2 low retard".

Despite whatever facade you're about to put on, I'll tell the people what you really mean to say: "The reason I don't like it, is because it would raise the complexity of application of mortal strike and would reduce warrior damage, and reduce uptime of mortal strike...the very crutch of the classic cleave team."

Long story short imo: Warrior damage isn't out of control, the inability to heal through warrior damage is out of control.

Seems like dos equis mis-casted the most interesting man in the world after encountering this fine specimen known as 'Draekin'

Draekin is like the best thing that ever happened to this forum

I like this Draeken dude a lot.

#45 Xpower

Xpower
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 07 October 2009 - 07:53 PM

Long story short imo: Warrior damage isn't out of control, the inability to heal through warrior damage is out of control.

Wrong. Warrior's damage IS out of control.
Posted Image

#46 Sp33d

Sp33d
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Thunderlord
  • Vindication

Posted 07 October 2009 - 07:58 PM

News flash: most of you posting here have no 2k+ experience, the game changes drastically as you get better, warriors are fine.

Consider this: according to realmhistory.net, warriors are 10% representation in 3s at 2k+, and 10% rep at 2.2k+. Fine balance if you ask me.
Posted Image

#47 Sp33d

Sp33d
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Thunderlord
  • Vindication

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:04 PM

I think the issue is that MS has become too powerful in the hands of a warrior (and arguably in all situations) at this point. With burst being so high (yes, burst healing is high too), a single CC on a healer combined with MS on the target is enough to put that healer in a position that he may never be able to recover.

The long "uptime" of warriors, and their great mobility has ensured that MS is "on" pretty much 100% of the time.

My solution?
Make MS a no-damage ability (thus meaning you're not doing crazy damage AND debuffing healing simultaneously) and put it on a 20 second cooldown. Thus you can only have it up 50% of the time. I think the same thing should be done for wound poisons and aimed shot debuff as well.

This would do two positive things: (A) classes with this debuff would now have to apply it intelligently in coordination in order to land kills easier...increasing the skill cap of these classes and (B) it would make games with abilities such as lolbladestorm less "faceroll" and more strategic.

This is the kind of change that blizzard has been making lately. You could argue that MS is overpowered, and requires a nerf. That's fine.

But this would nerf the ability right into the ground. If you want to tune MS, increase its cooldown by 2-3 seconds at most. 20 second cooldown & no damage is ABSURD.
Posted Image

#48 Xpower

Xpower
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:05 PM

News flash: most of you posting here have no 2k+ experience, the game changes drastically as you get better, warriors are fine.

Consider this: according to realmhistory.net, warriors are 10% representation in 3s at 2k+, and 10% rep at 2.2k+. Fine balance if you ask me.

How do you judge that people here don't have +2k experience? And do you seriously judge whenever a class is overpowered or not by looking at statistics? lol
Posted Image

#49 Amiza

Amiza
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/0/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1519
  • 3v3: 1135
  • LocationEngland

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:05 PM

i think you answered the question yourself to be honest warriors damage without mortal strike damage would be too low. As some people have pointed out arp is were the problem lies.

#50 Morder13

Morder13
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Norgannon
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:08 PM

Warriors are easy to deal with when you get better at playing. I find it interesting how almost all of you are under 2k...

#51 Xpower

Xpower
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:10 PM

Warriors are easy to deal with when you get better at playing. I find it interesting how almost all of you are under 2k...

Yeah bro, warriors are easy to deal with.
Posted Image

#52 Sp33d

Sp33d
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Thunderlord
  • Vindication

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:11 PM

How do you judge that people here don't have +2k experience? And do you seriously judge whenever a class is overpowered or not by looking at statistics? lol

It's a great indicator. Look at my sig, for example, which shows S5 popularity. Paly/DK was the most overpowered, and is sitting at 50%. Warriors were garbage and are nowhere to be seen.
Posted Image

#53 seijinn

seijinn
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Arygos
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:13 PM

if a warrior bladestorms me and I'm not MS'd I can sit in the bladestorm and heal through it....thus no problem. If he MS's me and I sit in bladestorm I'll probably die soon afterwards...thus, problem.

If you sit in a Bladestorm, MS or not you deserve to die, if you were a priest i'd understand since priest have no way or very little thing they can do to prevend the full BS but a shaman.. ghost wolf ?

I really don't think MS is the problem, i do beleive in the other hand that MS effect be it ms, wound, aim shot, etc.. is one of the many things that make this game hard to balance, at the same time it is a mechanic not all class have and it needed for diversity.

as for warrior damage, my humble opinion is :

1) ArP still way too effective even after the nerf, but this will not be changed until cataclysm as they already said they will simplify item stats.

2) Gear scalling, speak for itself.

Even if warrior are probably the class I hate facing the most due to rng CRIT CRIT CRIT i am dead (isn't that the case for 80% of the dps) I personnaly think they are fine it just ArP that is not.

and btw, blizz are not balancing around 2s and warrior are far from being top class in 3s or 5s

#54 Xpower

Xpower
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:15 PM

It's a great indicator. Look at my sig, for example, which shows S5 popularity. Paly/DK was the most overpowered, and is sitting at 50%. Warriors were garbage and are nowhere to be seen.

That might have to do with the fact that not all warriors have acess to the kind of PvE gear which makes them hit like trucks (aka ToC 25 ArP gear) or something? I don't know, I find warriors overpowered as hell when they've got some pve gear on, even friends of mine who play warrior themselves find them overpowered too in those situations.
Posted Image

#55 Sp33d

Sp33d
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Thunderlord
  • Vindication

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:18 PM

That might have to do with the fact that not all warriors have acess to the kind of PvE gear which makes them hit like trucks (aka ToC 25 ArP gear) or something? I don't know, I find warriors overpowered as hell when they've got some pve gear on, even friends of mine who play warrior themselves find them overpowered too in those situations.

You raise a very good point, and I think this is what most people in this thread are trying to say.

So let's nerf warriors due to PvE gear, and meanwhile completely fuck over those without access to PvE gear.
Posted Image

#56 Prigity

Prigity
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:19 PM

either way warriors do a lot more damage then some classes without a ms.And you can stop mentioning oh its just armor penetration,either way they're all gemming for it and making it a warrior problem.

#57 Xpower

Xpower
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:19 PM

You raise a very good point, and I think this is what most people in this thread are trying to say.

So let's nerf warriors due to PvE gear, and meanwhile completely fuck over those without access to PvE gear.

Who said that? Perhaps that retarded shaman who mentioned the MS 20 second cd thingy, but I never did so. Removing ArP as a stat (or changing it the way it works) and removing the healing component of UA would make them balanced.
Posted Image

#58 Prigity

Prigity
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:22 PM

warriors are easy to deal with if you got some sort of slow or cc on them.And if they are putting out enough pressure with you know their partner in 3's you arent gonna go and stop to root or cyclone them if you need to heal.

#59 Bearissues

Bearissues
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:26 PM

OMG NO MORDER U LIES. (I'm kat btw).

And ya warriors aren't that bad tbh. I found DK's much worse in S5 then warriors are now. Seriously stop bitching.

#60 Acre

Acre
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Kilrogg
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:29 PM

warriors suck

we are just good at killing bitchy druids who blow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users