Photo

Stop Blaming Gear! How to get your 1800 weapons.

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#41 leftclaw

leftclaw
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:18 PM

How about this: you take Resto Shaman + Warrior (all ilvl200 gear) into 2v2 and see if you can do the same thing.

Done and done. What now?
OH WHY HALO THAR.

Former Ranked 8th Warrior/Shammy in the world.

"Then Jesus once said, 'I can offer you eternal salvation'. The disciples responded, 'Can we have might or kings instead?"' --Noob 13:3-7

#42 Emopandah

Emopandah
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:18 PM

Anyway, a comp being "viable" doesn't mean gladiator material. I'm calling 2.2k+ viable for the majority of decent players that would try to play it...because 2.2k is the cutoff for ALL of the PvP gear in the game.

If what you're saying is true that means every single comp in the game is viable and you have no reason to keep spam posting useless and wrong advice to the people that for whatever strange reason might listen to you.

#43 Strigel

Strigel
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy
  • RBG: 1839

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:21 PM

lol no.

resto shaman in full ilvl200 gear gets absolutely blown up by double dps...and the whopping ZERO peels that a warrior has to offer means you're insta-dead. warrior with titansteel destroyer MIGHT make it with a prot pally or resto druid but thats doubtful too -- especially considering you'd be going up against your mirror match around 1600-1700 MMR that would have relentless weapons, etc. Sure, anyone can get 1800 in 2s if they play 1000 games. But thats stupid.

We're talking about getting to 1800 in a respectable 200 games or so. Sorry, not going to happen chief.

So the 2400+ sham/warrs I fight have been a mistake?

Also, you saying that a warrior has zero peels is ridiculous.

Intercept when you ghost wolf away.
Disarm
Fear
Intervene a stun
Charge ALL DAY BRAH
Spamstring procs.

Also, saying rogues are op and broken cause they have the most options is stupid. Right now arms warriors are the most broken dps in healer/dps. Destro locks are most broken in double dps. Also, the most broken healer is still prot/holy paladins.

Finally, an undergeared warrior has the best chance to succeed in 2s with a resto shaman because you can add the offensive pressure necessary to make up for his shit gear with purges and shocks.

You can't blame a glass ceiling on a comp sub-2200. Everything can get to 2200, I even know people who played double warrior to it.

#44 Draekin

Draekin
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:21 PM

If what you're saying is true that means every single comp in the game is viable and you have no reason to keep spam posting useless and wrong advice to the people that for whatever strange reason might listen to you.

No. This thread was about being "viable" with shitty gear. Are "all" comps 2.2k+ viable in all ilvl200 gear? No. Did you even read the rest of the thread?

Seems like dos equis mis-casted the most interesting man in the world after encountering this fine specimen known as 'Draekin'

Draekin is like the best thing that ever happened to this forum

I like this Draeken dude a lot.

#45 Draekin

Draekin
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:22 PM

whatever. you guys are hopeless

Seems like dos equis mis-casted the most interesting man in the world after encountering this fine specimen known as 'Draekin'

#46 Emopandah

Emopandah
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:24 PM

No. This thread was about being "viable" with shitty gear. Are "all" comps 2.2k+ viable in all ilvl200 gear? No. Did you even read the rest of the thread?

Any comp is viable with shitty gear as long as the players have a brain.

We're useless? reading your posts is actually worse than wow pvp forums

#47 Draekin

Draekin
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:24 PM

Done and done. What now?

I'm sure you didn't do that THIS season. You probably did that 3 seasons ago when it would have actually worked.

#48 Draekin

Draekin
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:29 PM

Any comp is viable with shitty gear as long as the players have a brain.

We're useless? reading your posts is actually worse than wow pvp forums

Yea...I'm sure fire mage + boomkin is 2.2k+ viable in terrible gear. No.
This game is gear-based...wake up please. I can't take a naked character into arena and win--because the game is based on good gear. Better your gear, and you have a MUCH easier time in PvP.

Did you ever play Age of Conan when it released? I could take a nearly-naked level 65 assassin and destroy level 70 fully geared people in PvP. Why? Because gear didn't play a factor in that game.

If you don't think wow is gear based, go into arena in quest greens and play even the "scrub" people at 1500 in full deadly and watch yourself get blown up by a :warrior::paladin: team who keyboard turns.

#49 leftclaw

leftclaw
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:31 PM

I'm sure you didn't do that THIS season. You probably did that 3 seasons ago when it would have actually worked.

Yeah, you're right. I must have been thinking of what I've accomplished 4 seasons ago. I mean, I don't remember being in full Deadly with an Edge of Ruin or anything..
OH WHY HALO THAR.

Former Ranked 8th Warrior/Shammy in the world.

"Then Jesus once said, 'I can offer you eternal salvation'. The disciples responded, 'Can we have might or kings instead?"' --Noob 13:3-7

#50 Emopandah

Emopandah
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:36 PM

Yea...I'm sure fire mage + boomkin is 2.2k+ viable in terrible gear. No.
This game is gear-based...wake up please. I can't take a naked character into arena and win--because the game is based on good gear. Better your gear, and you have a MUCH easier time in PvP.

Did you ever play Age of Conan when it released? I could take a nearly-naked level 65 assassin and destroy level 70 fully geared people in PvP. Why? Because gear didn't play a factor in that game.

If you don't think wow is gear based, go into arena in quest greens and play even the "scrub" people at 1500 in full deadly and watch yourself get blown up by a :warrior::paladin: team who keyboard turns.

Damnit sometimes you people are so stupid.

If the mage went frost & the druid went Resto yes you have a viable comp.

Earlier this season i actually went into arena and had 2 200ilvl daggers and still alot of blues actually and sadly even some level 70 gear and guess what? 2 weeks later i was 2289 in 2's and 2401 in 3's.

Something tells me you trying to convince me you NEED gear to do well in this game isn't going to work.

#51 Emopandah

Emopandah
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:36 PM

Delete this was a Double post.

#52 Draekin

Draekin
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:38 PM

If the mage went frost & the druid went Resto yes you have a viable comp.

Earlier this season i actually went into arena and had 2 200ilvl daggers and still alot of blues actually and sadly even some level 70 gear and guess what? 2 weeks later i was 2289 in 2's and 2401 in 3's.

Something tells me you trying to convince me you NEED gear to do well in this game isn't going to work.

Again, let me just say: ROGUE

Any :priest: or :shaman: healer can't go into the arena in 2s in sub-800 resil or they're going to get their face kicked in. You're playing a class where gear matters LEAST of all.

EDIT: I have a priest friend in full hateful that got dropped to 10% in a single bladestorm. I guess if he were more skilled, he would have been able to do better vs. that sorta thing, huh?

#53 Emopandah

Emopandah
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:39 PM

Again, let me just say: ROGUE

Any :priest: or :shaman: healer can't go into the arena in 2s in sub-800 resil or they're going to get their face kicked in. You're playing a class where gear matters LEAST of all.

You have an excuse for everything don't you? kinda sad.

I know alot of healers that have been undergeard and still done fine but there druids & paladins so that isn't allowed in youe rules is it? guess you win:rolleyes:

#54 Lamenub

Lamenub
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:41 PM

Waroak please get the fuck off and reroll if you think every other class is so much more overpowered than yours.

#55 Draekin

Draekin
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:41 PM

I know alot of healers that have been undergeard and still done fine but there druids & paladins so that isn't allowed in youe rules is it? guess you win:rolleyes:

Well thats because paladins can go prot with shitty gear and do fine. And druids have nearly always been fine, even slightly undergeared. I said priests and shamans for a reason.

#56 Emopandah

Emopandah
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:48 PM

Well thats because paladins can go prot with shitty gear and do fine. And druids have nearly always been fine, even slightly undergeared. I said priests and shamans for a reason.

Whats you're saying means just nouthing because you can't be undergeard now days you can get 5p Deadly from badges or even Honor, you can farm full relentless off pieces by having only a 1650 Rating, you can get a 219ilvl Wepon from Toc 5 & you can even get 232 ilvl items from WG and this is all if you only JUST hit 80 and should be grinding all this anyway.

So please tell me why should people have the right to bitch about gear being the only thing holding them back? surely if there up for farming 1800 they can do the other work aswell no? or are you just one of the people like that im thinking you are.

#57 hugmepls

hugmepls
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Nera'thor
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:49 PM

waroak always wins!

he even won when he stated things like

"You don't have to answer, I'll tell you. Because you can't reliably CC them. Hex? Cleansed by his pally. Just as there are two of us, there are also two of them. You can't CC a warrior worth a shit...sorry, you're wrong. You don't even know your own class."

or

"Unstable Affliction + Cleanse = broken hex"

or

"Cleansed affliction does damage to the person that UA is on. Hex breaks upon a certain threshold of damage. That threshold is always met when UA is cleansed. My lock keeps UA on the warrior at all times. Thus, cleanse = hex break.

Understand now?"

you can find all those quotes here:

http://www.arenajunk...able affliction
Posted Image

#58 Draekin

Draekin
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:50 PM

Whats you're saying means just nouthing because you can't be undergeard now days you can get 5p Deadly from badges or even Honor, you can farm full relentless off pieces by having only a 1650 Rating, you can get a 219ilvl Wepon from Toc 5 & you can even get 232 ilvl items from WG and this is all if you only JUST hit 80 and should be grinding all this anyway.

So please tell me why should people have the right to bitch about gear being the only thing holding them back? surely if there up for farming 1800 they can do the other work aswell no? or are you just one of the people like that im thinking you are.

Last week I made this thread: http://www.arenajunk...ad.php?t=120887

We were having trouble with our 3s. Guess what almost all the advice was? "Get better gear."

Why are you arguing when clearly ALL of these people agree?

EDIT: Hugmepls, leave the discussion because you're just trolling. We're talking about gear/pvp and you're just trying to throw personal attacks. gtfo.

#59 Emopandah

Emopandah
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:51 PM

@hugmepls Rofl thats actually amazing that someone can be that dumb.

#60 Draekin

Draekin
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:54 PM

@hugmepls Rofl thats actually amazing that someone can be that dumb.

Whats stupid is people being childish enough to come into a thread and throw personal attacks instead of staying on the discussion track. He should be banned imo for trolling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<