Photo

Stop Blaming Gear! How to get your 1800 weapons.

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#21 Pedocows

Pedocows
  • Validating
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:38 PM

The waiting room. Full of retards.

#22 Draekin

Draekin
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:25 PM

On what basis? Because rogues have a lot of comps that are 2200 viable? Very few of those comps are actually top-tier, and most rogue comps require quite an advanced level of skill (with the exception of ret/rogue for example).

Warriors have fewer comps but the comps they do have are much more potent, same with DK's, mages and hunters imo.

seriously? the best rogue comps are the ones that require NO skill lol.

feral/rogue
ret/rogue
destro/rogue
dk/rogue

those are the best rogue comps and they are all "kill that guy in 4 seconds" comps.

Seems like dos equis mis-casted the most interesting man in the world after encountering this fine specimen known as 'Draekin'

Draekin is like the best thing that ever happened to this forum

I like this Draeken dude a lot.

#23 Derison

Derison
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • RBG: 576

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:39 PM

Yes, these are the best ...
Just to let you know, killing someone in 4 seconds is rare versus good opponents. They'll use CDs to take control of the game and if you cant reset, you'll end up losing.

#24 Xpower

Xpower
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:39 PM

feral/rogue
ret/rogue
destro/rogue
dk/rogue

those are the best rogue comps and they are all "kill that guy in 4 seconds" comps.

The best rogue comp is priest rogue, easily.
Posted Image

#25 Caska

Caska
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:00 PM

feral/rogue
ret/rogue
destro/rogue
dk/rogue

Not quite sure we're playing the same game...

I'd rather run into ALL those comps before priest/rogue or mage/rogue...

Shaman rogue is pretty cheese as well...

#26 aceofblades

aceofblades

Posted 05 October 2009 - 11:06 PM

guys stop turning this into a qq thread we know certain classes can do certain thing woopdeedo. i played enhance rogue last season with sub par gear witha a subpar rogue, i stacked 991 resi by the end just so i could tank will my rogue could stun for 4 seconds and to 11000 damage its not a op class thing its communication and waiting for an oportunity, every comp has its strengths and weaknesses we played 500 games before we got to 1800 on our scruba toons its persistance and yes set achieveable goals. if u play well you will be more successfull than those who dont. the way the arena system works is even if u start bad and progressivly get ebtter you will end up with gear to show. may not be as good as others but sets u up for the next. but great guide. i find talking bout basic stuff is what wins it for us too. lining up the gib and talking out cooldowns till ur combo is ready

#27 Arlok

Arlok
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Zirkel des Cenarius
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 05 October 2009 - 11:06 PM

resto shaman in full ilvl200 gear gets absolutely blown up by double dps...and the whopping ZERO peels that a warrior has to offer means you're insta-dead. warrior with titansteel destroyer MIGHT make it with a prot pally or resto druid but thats doubtful too -- especially considering you'd be going up against your mirror match around 1600-1700 MMR that would have relentless weapons, etc. Sure, anyone can get 1800 in 2s if they play 1000 games. But thats stupid.

We're 2000+ (2150 MMR) in 2s as :warlock::shaman: and 2250 in 3s as :rogue::shaman::warlock: with crappy gear (I'm wearing 2x hateful, my shaman partner is in full deadly gear). Wasn't really that hard to get our weapons (going from 5 man ToC to T2 weapon). The truth is it's not your gear that's holding you back, just follow the OP's advice and you might do a little bit better.

#28 ItzPerplex

ItzPerplex
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:30 AM

The waiting room. Full of retards.

Please get me out of here - is there anyway to verify previous glad titles if we don't have access to the character anymore?:(
:mage::cool:

Spoiler

#29 Namerflop

Namerflop
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 06 October 2009 - 01:27 AM

you got 1800 as a :rogue: in 2v2.
grats?
Quick tips: Rogues are the strongest class in 2v2. 2v2 is broken and completely imbalanced.

How about this: you take Resto Shaman + Warrior (all ilvl200 gear) into 2v2 and see if you can do the same thing.

This guy has to be trolling.

#30 Kzrs

Kzrs
  • Karzerus
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 06 October 2009 - 01:29 AM

Every time I come here I'm surprised by everyone's stupidity.
Posted Image
From Disaster to Master - SC2 (Bronze)

#31 Pedocows

Pedocows
  • Validating
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 06 October 2009 - 01:31 AM

obviously

#32 Eycclon

Eycclon
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 06 October 2009 - 02:30 AM

Wow, chill guys. He just gave some pointers. I know enough people who are struggling to get the weapons and this is a nice threat to show them!
Cleave strats are hard....
So is focus sheep then shatter the nuke target...

#33 Bearissues

Bearissues
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 06 October 2009 - 02:47 AM

Please get me out of here - is there anyway to verify previous glad titles if we don't have access to the character anymore?:(

I wish...glad in TBC as a priest that was sold but I will never claim it.

#34 Defector

Defector
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 06 October 2009 - 03:39 AM

Everyone that posted cheese comp, cheese race, your bad etc please go post on the wow forums. Thread was made because I was looking for something like this when we were struggling. It is meant to help others realise that you can make up for lack of individual skill with good team play and communication.

#35 Horuku

Horuku
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Runetotem
  • Vengeance
  • Talents:
  • LocationColorado

Posted 06 October 2009 - 04:47 AM

2k is srs bsns?

#36 Dodo

Dodo
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Antonidas
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 06 October 2009 - 07:26 AM

I carried a warrior that completely clicks all his spells and turns with the arrow keys to 1800. He has gear, but a half-decent player can hit 1800 after being 80 for 2 days.

Tell me something new.

#37 Fifthwiel

Fifthwiel
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Burning Blade
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:58 AM

Nice thread derailed by shit..me and my lock are in this same situation, we climb, we sink...esp vs double DPS and its frustrating.

This weds we are starting again with new tacs, skype up and playing more seriously.
Last night there wre at least 3 games we *know* we should have won.

So for any of you in the same boat, the OP gives some great advice.

Delete everything from OP to halfway down page 3 pls sometimes this place is like the WoW forums :(

#38 tbj

tbj
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Frostwhisper
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 06 October 2009 - 09:15 AM

feral/rogue
ret/rogue
destro/rogue
dk/rogue

You are trolling right?
The ony really glad viable comp in there is warlock/rogue, and that's only in extreme situations. It made up like 1% of total glads last season.

Priest/rogue is way, way superior to any of the setups you listed, same goes for druid/rogue. And overall mage/rogue, hpala/rogue and shaman/rogue are better than all of them as well.

Sk-gaming has listed a total of four (4) dk/rogue setups above 2200. Oh my, what a fearsome setup.

#39 hugmepls

hugmepls
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Nera'thor
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 06 October 2009 - 11:22 AM

u are all wrong cause Waroak is always right!
Posted Image

#40 Draekin

Draekin
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:04 PM

u are all wrong cause Waroak is always right!

The "signature" of a good debater is to make it feel as though (s)he is always correct, despite what may actually be true.

Anyway, a comp being "viable" doesn't mean gladiator material. I'm calling 2.2k+ viable for the majority of decent players that would try to play it...because 2.2k is the cutoff for ALL of the PvP gear in the game.

And Priest/Rogue isn't nearly as good as it used to be...as is evidenced by its waning representation. Feral/Rogue, Destro/Rogue and Ret/Rogue are all extremely powerful and take marginal skill compared to priest/rogue and mage/rogue.

Seriously, feral/rogue is so ridiculous. If I could get my stubborn friend to play his rogue (I have a geared feral) we would be rocking people so hard in 2s. He refuses to play his rogue though, because he says there isn't enough substance to the class to make it interesting...

First season of WOTLK we took feral/rogue to 1700+ in merc/vengeful (70) gear. That is without ANY 80 gear and without the recent cyclone buffs to feral. He didn't want to keep playing his rogue...else we would have done more.

Seems like dos equis mis-casted the most interesting man in the world after encountering this fine specimen known as 'Draekin'

Draekin is like the best thing that ever happened to this forum

I like this Draeken dude a lot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<