• US-Lothar
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/1/2/2/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 1962
  • 3v3: 2325
  • 5v5: 2126
  • RBG: 1790

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:45 PM

makes lava burst do way too much damage in pvp, and the fact that the damage can be NS'd is pretty dumb and you dont even lose that much survivability

come here to cry with me or try to tell me how its balanced (lol)

#2 Stige

Stige
  • Stìgé
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution
  • LocationFinland

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:49 PM

Got any numbers?
Posted Image

#3 Cuddlybunnyz

Cuddlybunnyz
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Lothar
  • Ruin

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:51 PM

20% damage to a spell that already has humongous crit modifiers from a glyph and from talents that is guaranteed to crit

pets get lavabursted for approx 11k damage i think, i don't remember off the top of my head how much I was getting hit for but it was at least 9k and likely more

im sure someone with the set can better explain this than i can, i just think it is doing way too much damage right now and it isn't intended to drop 40% of someone hp, especially when combined with elemental mastery and a shock, no other class can gib someone harder than a shaman not even a destro lock

its moreso just frustrating that pve bonuses are starting to creep back into pvp again, don't want things to get to the point where being able to do so much damage with set bonuses outweighs the survivability provided like it did in late BC

#4 futs

futs
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Stonemaul
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:52 PM

shits crazy
http://lavaloll.mybrute.com

Awesome Minigame

#5 Cuddlybunnyz

Cuddlybunnyz
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Lothar
  • Ruin

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:58 PM

also funny that it went from +10% crit damage on the naxxramas set, to now a flat 20% damage on the new set, kind of a large jump in bonus to a spell that also got a new relic/totem slot that makes it hit harder too

#6 Scarra

Scarra
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:00 PM

When i first was looking over set bonuses for pve t9 i saw this and laughed

#7 futs

futs
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Stonemaul
  • Cyclone

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:03 PM

yea i joined the top raid guild on my server for the sole purpose of getting ilvl 245 t9 ^_^

Awesome Minigame

#8 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:06 PM

The amount of tools a shaman have, is fine. We have somewhat decent peeling now, and a decent CC and good use of shocks etc.

I'd love to see the damage lowered from LvB. I hate the fact how many shit shamans are able to get high by playing a wizard cleave or something oneshot.

I would not mind if they complicated shamans a little, or gave us something else instead of a current sort of useless talent.

#9 futs

futs
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Stonemaul
  • Cyclone

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:10 PM

blowi is a qt

Awesome Minigame

#10 Cuddlybunnyz

Cuddlybunnyz
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Lothar
  • Ruin

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:14 PM

i dont like comparing mages and elemental shamans but as far as damage potential goes, one lava burst is equivalent to like a shatter and a half

destro warlocks are pretty much similar to elemental shamans, and lava burst does MORE damage than chaos bolt on a shorter cooldown with guaranteed crit, balanced

#11 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:16 PM

i dont like comparing mages and elemental shamans but as far as damage potential goes, one lava burst is equivalent to like a shatter and a half

destro warlocks are pretty much similar to elemental shamans, and lava burst does MORE damage than chaos bolt on a shorter cooldown with guaranteed crit, balanced

Yea, I see where you are going.

I don't mind them tuning down elemental, as it still got so much more to offer than a hide & seek spec :(

About shatters, I've died in shatters or almost, notice I got 30% damage reduction.

#12 futs

futs
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Stonemaul
  • Cyclone

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:17 PM

only problem i see is that were easy to lock down and dont have the control a lock has. give us more survivability and cut LvB DD by 30% and make the rest of the damage tick every .5 sec like an explosive shot over 4 sec.

Awesome Minigame

#13 Cuddlybunnyz

Cuddlybunnyz
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Lothar
  • Ruin

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:22 PM

elemental has frost nova and a aoe knockback with interrupts, if you are a good elemental shaman you have plenty of control just not a spammable CC

elemental survivability is also good in my opinion, given you have extra protection during stuns which are the worst thing shamans can eat

i have been sort of toying with the idea that if you interrupt something, it should lockout ALL schools if you hit the spell instead of just the school you are casting on, people starting to instantly cast a spell on a different school is really stupid. this would make interrupts more potent and stops faggot elemental shamans/disc priests/locks/mages/moonkins from just switching to their other school without a huge hit, theres too many spell schools and instant spells in the game and it really has cheapened the use of interrupts and its getting to the point something needs to be done

or they can just lower elemental shaman/destro lock damage, w/e

i feel like what i suggested is probably harsh on mages, but if you think about it they are the only caster that doesn't really have good damage on a secondary school other than like fireblast, grats blizzard 2 spell schools owns

#14 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:25 PM

elemental has frost nova and a aoe knockback with interrupts, if you are a good elemental shaman you have plenty of control just not a spammable CC

elemental survivability is also good in my opinion, given you have extra protection during stuns which are the worst thing shamans can eat

i have been sort of toying with the idea that if you interrupt something, it should lockout ALL schools if you hit the spell instead of just the school you are casting on, people starting to instantly cast a spell on a different school is really stupid. this would make interrupts more potent and stops faggot elemental shamans/disc priests/locks/mages/moonkins from just switching to their other school without a huge hit, theres too many spell schools and instant spells in the game and it really has cheapened the use of interrupts and its getting to the point something needs to be done

or they can just lower elemental shaman/destro lock damage, w/e

I've thought of it'd be nice locking all spells down, don't seem unreasonable with the amount of tools, mages/locks/priests/druids etc. got.

Shaman surv is okayish, but you barely meet people with a clue against a shaman though, such as wizard cleaves deep freezing or simply fearing/stunning at the burst momemt?

A rogue using kidney shot just before the burst from the mage/priest lands etc.

#15 Cuddlybunnyz

Cuddlybunnyz
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Lothar
  • Ruin

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:31 PM

well i think most of the time if they are stunning to get around your passive dmg reduction, it buys your other 2 people time to peel/heal but point noted

when i play/played elemental I felt like having an aoe root and a knockback + ghost wolf was very useful for kiting melee, i haven't played against rmp as elemental recently though i was going to try elemental soon, but I never felt like it was that bad against melee and pretty much only mages seemed to suck, and that was pre-ghost wolf

who needs survivability when you can gib a rogue after he cloaks anyway :)

#16 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:41 PM

well i think most of the time if they are stunning to get around your passive dmg reduction, it buys your other 2 people time to peel/heal but point noted

when i play/played elemental I felt like having an aoe root and a knockback + ghost wolf was very useful for kiting melee, i haven't played against rmp as elemental recently though i was going to try elemental soon, but I never felt like it was that bad against melee and pretty much only mages seemed to suck, and that was pre-ghost wolf

who needs survivability when you can gib a rogue after he cloaks anyway :)

Well, what comp did you play though :)?

I am still a wizard cleave virgin, stuck with druid/warrior/ele since s6 :)

Not saying we lose, but just my point is it's the same as not disarming a warrior when you are bursting him, or a hunter :)

#17 Cuddlybunnyz

Cuddlybunnyz
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Lothar
  • Ruin

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:47 PM

i have played spellcleave and pally/ele/hunter, along with a few others things not at great length

i do recall having trouble against RMP before as pally/ele/hunter if I couldn't kite, but with ghost wolf i reckon that would not be as big of a deal anymore

granted i havent played as elemental against a lot of the comps going right now, so i am just speaking from past not present experience, though when I play against ele shamans i dont feel like they are that bad off surv wise

#18 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:51 PM

i have played spellcleave and pally/ele/hunter, along with a few others things not at great length

i do recall having trouble against RMP before as pally/ele/hunter if I couldn't kite, but with ghost wolf i reckon that would not be as big of a deal anymore

granted i havent played as elemental against a lot of the comps going right now, so i am just speaking from past not present experience, though when I play against ele shamans i dont feel like they are that bad off surv wise

Well, I've never said we were in a bad shape :P

Just pointing out mistakes which could make people differ.

Ah well, I'd love to try play 3s with a defensive dispel or freedom!

Anyway, ITT:

- LvB is doing too much damage along with other classes, and they should all be looked at and changed a little.

#19 Pitiless

Pitiless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2204

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:55 PM

- LvB is doing too much damage along with other classes, and they should all be looked at and changed a little.

Ele shamans and destro locks are the only classes that need their burst looked at IMO. What other classes are you counting as having burst equal to ele shamans?

#20 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:04 PM

Ele shamans and destro locks are the only classes that need their burst looked at IMO. What other classes are you counting as having burst equal to ele shamans?

I was speaking of damage in a general, as why the reason for not saying "burst", but "damage".

But I don't think it'd be hard finding a few classes which can do brilliant burst as well though :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<