Photo

Reflective shield needs to go. ( topic about xpack )

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#1 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 24 September 2009 - 02:02 PM

Pretty much.

Ability to kill melee without actually doing something is retarded, and should be removed.

edit

read this post before going berserk on me :

This game is not balanced around 1v1, but here's a example, most basic one - I duel a rogue as disc. I simply heal myself and he eventually dies of reflective shield sooner or later.

Now can you claim with perfect state of your mind that reflective shield is balanced ?

Reflective shield is one of talents/abilities in this game that are grossly overpowered yet go under the radar because no one really whines about them ( see also : Thorns, Mage Armor, Sudden death, Unrelenting Assault, prot paladin's divine plea, druid's ability to sit in tree, roll hots and never die, et cetera ).

Hence, imo - it should be removed with Cataclysm. This topic wasn't related to WoTLK at all, just fyi.

( yes its a copy from my post on 2nd page ).

If you can argue against it, then next xpack will fail miserably as well :|

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#2 Moridinn

Moridinn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/2/1/2/1
  • RBG: 1983

Posted 24 September 2009 - 02:09 PM

lol

#3 Candyshop

Candyshop
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 24 September 2009 - 02:13 PM

Warrior vs. Priest is already far too one-sided, Blizz take the high road and remove this talent already!
Spoiler

:mage:Solarmonkey-Lightbringer

#4 Aimadox

Aimadox
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Neptulon
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 24 September 2009 - 02:14 PM

Orly .

#5 Effendix

Effendix
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Protection
  • RBG: 2304

Posted 24 September 2009 - 02:28 PM

Who are you and what did you do to Lolflay?
http://bit.ly/9DJTxh

S8 Never Forget

MM was great, especially after they reverted disengage back to 16 sec cooldown (glyphed and talented ofc) - managed rank 2 as HLD, obviously wasn't good enough to beat protholy pala / rdruid / arms warrior ninapartio pve nerds that were 300 rating ahead ^^

S6 Never Forget

LoL RaF:
http://signup.league...f=4c150b086f442

#6 Absolut

Absolut
  • Junkies

Posted 24 September 2009 - 02:44 PM

Who are you and what did you do to Lolflay?

^

#7 Trikso

Trikso
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 24 September 2009 - 02:46 PM

trollflay
2.7k nonglad Warrior commenting on RMP

overpowered

warrior reporting in

there are so many bad players at high ratings right now because they got a skill boost with 4.0.6 x.X

#8 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 24 September 2009 - 02:57 PM

Warrior vs. Priest is already far too one-sided, Blizz take the high road and remove this talent already!

Issue is in warriors, not in priests. They should be properly adjusted, but this talent regardlessly has to go.

I'm not trolling here, pretty much dead serious - alongside with it so should follow the dissapearance of thorn newfound WOTLK damage and ret aura/eye for an eye - anything which reflects damage.

Bottom line is - reflective damage is stupid, be it from shield, thorns, ret aura, retaliation or anything else, and for the sake of balance in arena such abilities ( which are borderline passive ) are grossly overpowered.

Now I know I'm a priest, although I'm shadow I sometimes spec into disc for the heck of it - and I'd be willing to trade this ability away if similar other abilities get toned down or removed even. You should be able to attack your target without worrying of your HP dropping from even your own damage, let alone the opponent's partner damage.

[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout

#9 Atmosfear

Atmosfear

Posted 24 September 2009 - 03:09 PM

yeah I mean priests totally need anything that deters (not that it does) training them removed

#10 Absolut

Absolut
  • Junkies

Posted 24 September 2009 - 03:15 PM

Try beating rogues without it (or any class that has the ability to heal)

#11 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 24 September 2009 - 03:33 PM

Try beating rogues without it (or any class that has the ability to heal)

Exactly my point - we shouldn't be able to do it unless we actually dot and cast at them.

This whole topic is about that single glaring problem - certain classes having ability to dps without actually doing jack shit to dps - that's part of problem on 80.

Looking at it from strictly priest PoV - I'd normally say its perfectly fine - but from general PoV, all reflective abilities ingame are simply overpowered and need to be removed.

And Ifix please, shut up.

#12 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 24 September 2009 - 03:38 PM

This game is not balanced around 1v1, but here's a example, most basic one - I duel a rogue as disc. I simply heal myself and he eventually dies of reflective shield sooner or later.

Now can you claim with perfect state of your mind that reflective shield is balanced ?

Reflective shield is one of talents/abilities in this game that are grossly overpowered yet go under the radar because no one really whines about them ( see also : Thorns, Mage Armor, Sudden death, Unrelenting Assault, prot paladin's divine plea, druid's ability to sit in tree, roll hots and never die, et cetera ).

Hence, imo - it should be removed with Cataclysm. This topic wasn't related to WoTLK at all, just fyi.

#13 Ifix

Ifix
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 24 September 2009 - 03:43 PM

Exactly my point - we shouldn't be able to do it unless we actually dot and cast at them.

This whole topic is about that single glaring problem - certain classes having ability to dps without actually doing jack shit to dps - that's part of problem on 80.

Looking at it from strictly priest PoV - I'd normally say its perfectly fine - but from general PoV, all reflective abilities ingame are simply overpowered and need to be removed.

And Ifix please, shut up.

y so mad

#14 Tenchu

Tenchu
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 24 September 2009 - 03:43 PM

I'm guessing Lolflayz has done some 2v2 double dps with a rogue. I've had my rogue die to thorns a few times, its pretty funny (not really). reflective damage is gay, I agree completely.

#15 booboobaddy

booboobaddy
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage

Posted 24 September 2009 - 03:49 PM

The idea of reflective shield is fine. Simply making it a move that actually requires some thought would be better than "LEWL DELETE THIS MOVE IMMEDIATELY".

Maybe making it a buff (off the GCD) you can apply to a shield on a one minute cooldown or something for 100% damage return on that specific shield (yourself or friend alike).

#16 Gekkejager

Gekkejager
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Azjol-Nerub
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 24 September 2009 - 03:51 PM

Reflective shield is one of talents/abilities in this game that are grossly overpowered yet go under the radar because no one really whines about them ( see also : Thorns, Mage Armor, Sudden death, Unrelenting Assault, prot paladin's divine plea, druid's ability to sit in tree, roll hots and never die, et cetera )

I agree completely, same for Destro burst, desecration and some other spells.
Reflective dmg is dumb in any way, although reflective shield is the least so, cause it doesnt punish you for using faster weapons

#17 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 24 September 2009 - 04:06 PM

I'm guessing Lolflayz has done some 2v2 double dps with a rogue. I've had my rogue die to thorns a few times, its pretty funny (not really). reflective damage is gay, I agree completely.

Although what I had in my mind when I created this topic wasn't regarding rogues - I've got s6 glad as Shadowpriest/rogue, and he did indeed die from thorns sometimes ( well, almost died ). I didn't mind it though because I was able to heal him. However, as expansion moves on, its going in direction where every single class is going to be affected, and even more so in next expansion as well - thus it needs to stop right now.

I don't really care about rogues dying from it, they deserve it - even if I'm paired with them. However looking on it from global PoV - its going to just become a increasing problem for all classes.

#18 tanovahqt

tanovahqt
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Cenarius
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Holy 1/0/0/1/1/1
  • RBG: 1316
  • LocationSeoul, South Korea

Posted 24 September 2009 - 04:17 PM

Lolflayz
Your a priest, a healing spec. I see your point, but dont see it being that valid. If we even want a chance at a 1v1, do you not agree that we need a talent that helps our damage?
Oh, or just take reflective shield out and be like a healer in every other game, rely on others to get the killing done

#19 Enim

Enim
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Balance
  • RBG: 1835

Posted 24 September 2009 - 04:18 PM

You are even more stupid then you used to be.

Not to mention most priests can't afford to have reflective shield in a 3v3/5v5 spec, and since the game is all about those 2 brackets nowadays, who gives a shit?

Oh and and edit:
Why the hell would you whine about reflective shield and not even mentioning retri aura and thorns(maybe even eye for an eye)?
Those are the real problem for rogues, not reflective shield.

#20 padrote

padrote
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 24 September 2009 - 04:19 PM

However looking on it from global PoV - its going to just become a increasing problem for all classes.

What do you base this on?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<