Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 19:26. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Ferals - Predator's Swiftness

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#141 Aesa

Aesa
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:53 PM

sadly with the arm time of freezing arrow, you dont have the luxury of getting a full duration scatter into a full duration trap. If you did i would have a GCD to do damage in between, but you dont.

I'm a bit confused here. You may have to waste a fraction of a GCD, but you can definitely time it so your trap "arms" right before scatter wears off.

Alternatively, you could scatter/trap the druid and wyvern the healer. On a side note, I'm not the expert on this so not 100% sure, but I'm somewhat sure that you should be using frost traps vs double melee teams.

This discussion has devolved into moot points anyway lol

#142 Valir

Valir
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:13 PM

I'm a bit confused here. You may have to waste a fraction of a GCD, but you can definitely time it so your trap "arms" right before scatter wears off.

Alternatively, you could scatter/trap the druid and wyvern the healer. On a side note, I'm not the expert on this so not 100% sure, but I'm somewhat sure that you should be using frost traps vs double melee teams.

This discussion has devolved into moot points anyway lol

bleck who plays survival =D

oh my thing hasnt updated since season 5 >.> played mage s6 haha. and freezing trap has an arm time +travel time +u cant fire it until 1.5 seconds after scatter shot...so no, you cant really wait .5 seconds and still land it :(

edit, man derailed this shit like a CHAMP >.>

#143 Complol

Complol
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Vashj
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:23 PM

i call feral/bm/holy for new fotm, any feedback?

#144 Miirkat

Miirkat
  • Premium Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2406

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:25 PM

http://www.wegame.co...e_Priest_at_2k/
Just happened.

Ferals are fine.

Posted Image
miirkat.deviantart.com
^^^^^^ please visit my deviantART page :3
Resto for friends. Feral for life. CAT DURID IS 4 FITE!

#145 Aesa

Aesa
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:25 PM

oh my thing hasnt updated since season 5 >.> played mage s6 haha. and freezing trap has an arm time +travel time +u cant fire it until 1.5 seconds after scatter shot...so no, you cant really wait .5 seconds and still land it :(

I haven't played hunter in wotlk, but if you're saying you have to fire freezing arrow immediately, then your target is still eating the full 4 seconds of scatter into the freezing trap, isn't he? I understand that for the first 3 seconds of the scatter YOU can't do anything, but you're still using 2 GCD's for a 14 second CC.

#146 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:29 PM

Just happened.

Ferals are fine.

lol

did ur rogue remember to yell "KILL"!

#147 Aesa

Aesa
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:30 PM

BLoWi

#148 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:43 PM

BLoWi

Sup MoOnSpiRiT

#149 Viia

Viia
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 30 September 2009 - 09:17 PM

Every time that I've ever 1v2'd it was because the team I was playing against made serious mistakes. Example: 2300 druid/war... kill my priest. I go heal up to full/pillar kite awhile, eventually get 5 combo points roar and re-stealth... open on warrior, rake rip run away.. warrior follows me out of LoS and bladestorms, gets FBed and dies.

That being said, I've 1v2'd Warlock/Rogue, Mage/Rogue, Priest/Rogue, Paladin/Warrior and Druid/Warrior all after my partner has died and both of them were at 100% (not necessarily with cooldowns.)
Feral Class Hero... wannabe.

#150 Aliandren

Aliandren
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1977
  • RBG: 1749

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:27 PM

bleck who plays survival =D

edit, man derailed this shit like a CHAMP >.>

the point is not what you have to do to do it, or what timing is required, or any of that. The point is from the perspective of the person being shot:

You scatter, they instantly get hit by it and are in scatter for 4 seconds.
1.5 GCD
1 second lalalala
You freezing arrow
.5 travel time
1 second arm time
scatter breaks as target is frozen.
target is frozen for 10 seconds

The target is locked out for 14 seconds. Doesn't matter what you're doing during scatter or arming time, etc. To them it is all the same, 14 seconds of wtf i'm stuck can't heal.

#151 Aliandren

Aliandren
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1977
  • RBG: 1749

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:31 PM

Just happened.

Ferals are fine.

nice - I've had to do slightly similar in 3v3 with a lot of 2v3 wins after my DK has gotten killed vs rogue/ret/priest and rogue/lock shaman and shaman/lock/mage.

I think in those cases though it was mostly the player who got killed's fault for not wearing enough resil, I was able to put up a finisher and cyclone the healer then get some crazy crits that should only be possible with my gear on targets with like 400 resil. Locks wearing pve gear to try and 2 global people getting their justice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users