A PvP Q&A was done between Holinka and Lore today at 12PM PST. The original article and summary of the VOD was posted on MMO-Champion.
VOD Link on Twitch.TV/WoW
Player Question: Any plans to promote synergies between different classes? It seems like there are a couple synergies define and entire spec’s balance, yet without them there wouldn’t be any viable comps for those classes.
· They believe class synergy and the PvP meta is largely made by the community i.e. Rets with Hunters.
· Different regions show different strong compositions and meta.
· They want to watch out more for when certain synergy is too strong.
Player Question: A lot of specs that rely on crit or Multistrikes are falling behind in PvP. How do you deal with this without breaking PvE?
· Some classes benefited from this more than others.
· They feel the game is better without having the battle be based on the crit lottery.
Player Question: Have you rethought letting the Nemesis quests work in BG’s or lowering the totals of some races due to the extreme lack of Pandaren and gnomes and some other races still not being represented well?
· The nemesis quest is being talked about.
PvP vs PvE
Player Question: Why can’t each ability just be split into a PvE and PvP version, to help with many balancing issues?
· They are talking about other plans for the future to solve this and are excited about it.
Player Question: How are CCs balanced with each other? Some have ZERO CD, yet are very powerful, and hard to dispel. Shouldn’t zero CD CCs be easier to dispel by more specs, even DPS, and hard to dispel CCs have longer CDs?
· They would first want to take more CC out of the game before breaks.
Player Question: Mobility & CC breaks remain very strong, any plans to address in 6.2?
· This would not be a goal for 6.2.
Player Question: Will CC ever be removed or thoroughly rethought for PvP?
· There may be too much CC right now however.
· Blizzard is very thankful for all the people hosting tournaments for WoW.
· They want to continue to find ways to help those people hosting tournaments out.
· They have things coming that they wish they could share today.
· They think battlegrounds could be fun to watch too.
Player Question: Are you satisfied with the Dampening mechanic? Having games based around Dampening might hinder class balance.
· They are happy with this mechanic.
· They wanted games to end in a reasonable amount of time, and they are.
Player Question: Are there any changes to PvP Alt gearing? Farming 27k pts is not fun at all when you already have a full geared char.
· They are happy with where they are going with 6.2 with alt progression in pvp.
· They do want to make sure that you still need to play the alt to gear it up in the end.
· They are still very open to feedback and will take it step by step.
Player Question: Are there any plans to bring back the 27k Conquest Vendor?
Ilvl in PvP
Player Question: Will we see WoW PvP offer normalized ilvl gametypes or simply reduced emphasis on ilvl increases to make it easier to get into?
· They have tried to shrink the gap between the highest and lowest player ilvl.
Player Question: Do you believe that a majority of high ranked players seem to be Alliance, specifically Human, Night Elf, and to a lesser extent Dwarf. Is this an issue?
· Going into the next expansion, looking at the racials is a possibility.
· They want to make sure they are all interesting and fun, and not boring.
Player Question: Any plans for rated arena queue? New BG & Arena maps? Feel PvP content development is too focused on Ashran.
· They feel solo queue experiences can be very toxic.
· They think the group finder has been a very big success.
· No plans for Solo queue rated pvp at this time.
· Faction unbalance is an issue they are still working on.
· They thought server communities was important at the start for asharn, turns out it was not.
· They might make the conquest able to be rewarded higher than 500.
Player Question: Any future changes planned for Alterac Valley?
Player Question: Given that the majority of PvPers only play random battlegrounds, what are you doing to make these more fun and balanced?
· There is a good spread of participation in Random BGs, Rated BGs, Arenas, and Ashran.
· They certainly want to make BGs more fun and improve it mechanically.Botters
Player Question: When will the botters be stopped?
· They know botters do not make the game look good.
· They put a lot of effort into stopping them.
New Legendary Ring proc
Player Question: The new proc on legendary ring, will it work in PvP?
· It will work in world PvP.
· It is disabled in instanced pvp (such as Ashran and arenas).
Low Level PvP
Player Question: Does low level PvP get a fair shake when classes get revamps? Currently Priests, Ferals, Warrior, etc. deal significantly more damage than other classes.
· They focus on high level pvp for balance.
· If something is very unbalanced - such as a single spell, they want to hear about it and fix.
Player Question: When will XP-Off players be able to queue a Wargame without switching experience back on? There’s really no reason for having to do this; can you please see that it’s addressed?
· There is an open bug that XP-Off players can not que for wargames. This is being fixed.
Player Question: Are you considering bringing back some of the pruned abilities? My DPriest would love swap back or baseline fear.
Player Question: Since spellcasting can be interrupted, will we ever be able to disarm melee? Should be a two way street.
· Disarms was removed in WoD when they were trying to reduce CCs.
· They do think they should be balanced against each other, such as how casters can control melee.
Player Question: As the lead PvP designer are you happy with the way PvP turned out in WoD?
· Blizzard is happy, but not satisfied with how PvP turned out in WoD so far.Back to Top