WoW® Arena Championships: Sign-Up For Cup #2 Now!
ALL ABOUT TOURNAMENTS
- The events are 3v3 Arena Tournaments on live realms.
- There is a double-elimination bracket, so watch out!
- Team rosters are 4-player, but you can sign-up with 3.
- All series are best-of-5.
- Tournament Mode is required; all gear is normalized and honor talents and artifact power are maximized
ALL ABOUT PRIZE POOLS
- 1st place: $3,000, 160 points
- 2nd place: $1,500, 80 points
- 3rd place: $1,000, 36 points
- 4th place: $500, 20 points
- 5th and 6th places: 12 points each
ALL ABOUT ROSTERS
- Didn’t finish in the top 6 in the first tournament? Not a problem! Teams can change their team members as often as they want, until points are earned. Once you have points on the board, your teams are set in stone. Well, except. . .
- Teams who earn points are allotted one roster swap without consequences.
- After the free swap, there is an automatic 50% reduction to your points tally.
- If you want to know more, read our official Championship rules below.
- Signups are live!
- Signups will be open until 9:00am PDT on May 8th.
- Teams will be seeded by the rating they achieve as signups close.
- Bracket play starts on the 10th, and plays through the 11th May (if a second day is needed).
- The last 8 teams will be broadcast live on Twitch on Sunday, May 14th starting at 11:00am PDT.
- We’re excited to partner-up with GCDTV, who will be helping us out with all that has to happen behind the scenes (which is a lot).
- The full rules and regs—plus the essential player handbook—can be found here.
- Dates and signups for future cups will be coming soon!
CUP DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
- Cup #2: May 14th
- Cup #3: June 10th
- (Cup #4 is shy and doesn’t want to say anything just yet – check back for updates)
WANT TO RUN YOUR OWN TOURNAMENT?
We would love to see more of these! The more community involvement the better and there are some seriously solid reasons for doing it. Community-run tournaments directly impact which teams end up in the Arena World Championships, as all approved community-run events award points. If you’re interested, here’s what you should do: read the guide, fill out the application form and send in it to us. If you have any questions about running your own event, get in touch. We’re here to help and want you to create as many community events as it’s possible to have.