2017 WoW Arena Championship Announcement
Watch the VOD at https://www.twitch.tv/videos/127508776.
- Happy with the 2016 Blizzcon, they plan for 2017 WoW eSports to be bigger than it has ever been
- Global Finals at Blizzcon will have 12 Teams and seeded based on their points in Cups
- More teams in every Regionals, NA and EU will have 12 teams
- Cups will start in April
- Signup for Cups will start in a few weeks
- Last year they had no rating requirement to join the Cups, they liked this and will continue it this year
- Plans to increase the amount of Cups, biggest changes for the NA and EU regions
- 2016 had 3 Cups for EU and NA, this year there will be 5
- Prize Pool will be replicated, meaning more money in total since there is more Cups compared to 2016
- Tournament format will be changed, rather than qualifying for Regionals it will be more based off a point system similar to Hearthstone
This way players who won in a previous Cup can keep playing to earn more money and also increase their points
For more information on Cups and the 2017 Championships check out the official battle.net post here.
Blizzard PvP Developer Q&A
- Leveling via PvP will be buffed
- Developers are still undecided on Solo Queue for PvP
One of the many things they're concerned about for Solo Queue is there is a lot more DPS than healers.
- In 7.2 players can melt their gear acquired from PvP at the Obliterium forge and turn it into a currency to purchase different PvP gear
- Bonus rolls will be added for the weekly rated gear rewards
- Certain PvP mounts such as Vicous and Battleground mounts will now be account wide, Gladiator mounts remain character bound
- For Legion Season 3 you'll be able to purchase Legion Season 1 and 2 gear from the vendor
- Developers don't like how complicated the stat differences are in PvP and PvE currently
- Stat templates might be added to duels, but not in 7.2
- Developers see Balance Druids and Mistweavers as a problem in RBGs when competitive teams are looking to find 3 Mistweavers + 5 Balance Druids per team
- Blizzard is working on ways to be more transparent about title ranges
Legion PvP Season Ending Soon
Back to Top
Official Blizzard Quote:
Attention arena and Battleground competitors! Legion PvP Season 2 is coming to a close soon. Once ended, the battle will begin again a few hours after, when Legion PvP Season 3 begins!
Season 2 – End of Season Rewards
If you participated in Season 2, in order to ensure you receive the rewards that you’re due, please keep the following in mind:
Refrain from transferring your character(s) to another realm or faction until after Legion Season 1 has ended.
Legion Season 2 titles and mounts will be awarded approximately two weeks after the season ends.
Season 3 Updates
With Legion Season 3, the maximum number of times you can Prestige will increase from 9 to 13.
Don’t forget—end-of-season rewards are based on your faction. The top 0.5% of Alliance PvPers will be awarded the Gladiator: Legion Season 2 achievement and mount, and the same will go to the top 0.5% of Horde PvPers. If you transfer your character to the other faction, you must have 50 wins after your transfer to receive the reward.
Where will you rank at the end of this season?