Season 9, like every other season had its good times and its hard times. There is already more than enough retrospective to me and the moderator team busy for a while. But, we're always more excited to see what happens in Season 10. So, in the spirit of looking forward, here is a reminder about the transition period from Season 9 to Season 10:
From the end of season announcement:
Arena and Rated Battleground Season 9 is scheduled to end as early as June 28. At that point we will determine who is eligible for the end-of-season rewards, a process that should take approximately one week. It's very important for players who feel that they may be eligible for Arena titles and/or the Vicious Gladiator’s Twilight Drake to refrain from transferring their characters to another realm or faction until after Season 9 ends. During the break between seasons, all Rated Battleground and Arena matches will be unavailable.
At the end of the season, Conquest Points will be converted to Honor Points, possibly exceeding the 4,000 point Honor cap. All Season 9 items will cost Honor Points (equivalent to their previous Conquest Point cost) when the season ends, with the exception of any items with rating requirements attached. These items will no longer be available for purchase.
The next Arena and Rated Battleground season will begin for level-85 players approximately one week after the end of Season 9 and will coincide with the awarding of Season 9 titles and mounts. At that time, any Honor accrued above the 4,000-point cap will be converted into gold at a rate of 35 silver per point. In addition, Season 10 rewards will be made available for purchase with Conquest Points awarded during the new season. All Team and Personal Ratings will be wiped when Season 10 begins. Matchmaking Ratings, however, will carry over into Season 10.
- The individual Matchmaking Rating column has been removed from the Arena scoreboard.
- The Ring of Valor has been added to the Arena rotation once again. Players no longer start the match on elevators at the center of the map. They now begin the match in starting rooms on opposite sides of the Arena.
- The individual Matchmaking Rating column has been removed from the Rated Battleground scoreboard and replaced with a team Matchmaking Rating.
- Eye of the Storm has been added into the rotation as a 10-man Rated Battleground. The tug-of-war style capture points have been replaced with Arathi Basin style capture points to better support 10v10 competition. This change applies only to Rated Battlegrounds. Eye of the Storm is otherwise still a 15-player Battleground with tug-of-war style capture points.
- Warsong Gulch has been added back into the Rated Battleground rotation.
- War Games
- Many improvements have been made to the War Games interface. It now has its own panel for ease of use and raid/group leaders are the only ones who can challenge another group to War Games.
On top of a new Arena season, we have some big plans for Season 10 here on ArenaJunkies as well. Of course, you can expect our regular end of season routine where we reset Junkie access for those who do not have a Gladiator title. There are also some feature improvements in the pipeline we hope to see pushed out during this season that should make the experience on AJ much better and more useful for everyone.
We always get excited for a new season to crank up and give us a fresh start. Here's to an exciting Season 10.
Click here to view the article Back to Top