This interview is interesting as GC also comments on PvP and adresses some of the issues that were discussed on the AJ boards.
MMO-Champion posted a sum-up of the PvP questions:
- PvP will never be perfectly balanced, but it can be balanced enough to be fun and fair. The balance in Mists of Pandaria still has some tweaking to do before it is at that point.
- Hybrids could see some PvP power going towards their off role damage or healing. It is okay for a DPS to throw out a few heals, but not okay if they are as good as a healer for their team.
- It is possible that base resilience could be increased to compensate for the PvP Power increase on Conquest weapons, but they need more than a few days of observation before a decision can be made.
- We may see some changes in the future to make things better for people who PvP on multiple characters, as far as earning Conquest Points goes.
- Many of the changes in Patch 5.1 were to address issues of PvP balance, and most didn't have a big impact on PvE.