Secondly, as you guys know we're always eager to get feedback from the community and recently we have gotten a lot of feedback calling for tighter moderation. Arena Junkies was launched in the spirit of giving users a place to discuss Arena and WoW intelligently and maturely. Preserving that original spirit is our top priority.
We feel we have been unfair to everyone by not being explicit enough about the rules of the site. We have put together the official forum rules and the consequences of breaking these rules. We do not think these rules are restrictive in the least, they just call for some common sense and brief consideration to go into each post. Once we finalize the rules listed below, you will be able to find them at the top of each forum in the Announcements.
As of this post everyone has a clean slate and all previous infractions have been removed. The rules are still a work in progress, so please let us know if you have any comments, questions or suggestions by replying to this thread and we will make the appropriate changes.
Along with these rules we are looking for new moderators to help enforce these rules. We will have a voting process starting tomorrow and then add new mods based on the feedback given from you. We will update the list with new candidates as they express interest. Voting will be anonymous and continue until we feel we have enough community feedback on each candidate. You will be able to vote positively or negatively for every candidate. Any candidate with too few positives or too many negatives will not be accepted as a moderator.
How to apply: If you are interested in becoming a moderator please send me a PM with a quick note about yourself, your WoW history, and why you want to moderate on Arena Junkies. This will be public and people will read this when deciding whether or not to vote for you so please keep it short and to the point, and make sure it is something you are comfortable with being public.
We also want to remind everyone to use the "Report Post" feature if you think a post is inappropriate for any reason. Thank you for taking the time to read the new rules.
Posting Access: Junkie or Member?
Users on Arena Junkies fall into 2 groups as determined by your rating/title history since registering on Arena Junkies or your current ratings/title as verified through the Official WoW Armory.
Junkies - Users in the Junkie usergroup have posting privileges throughout the forums. These users have been verified to have received the Gladiator title or achieved a rating of 2,000+ on one or more of their arena teams.
Members - Users falling under the category of Member have posting privileges in all the forums under the Category 'Members and Junkies.' Members can also create and reply to their own threads in the Ask a Gladiator forum.
We make our best effort to keep all Armory information on our users as current as possible. If at any point a Member, who did not previously meet the restrictions for Junkie posting access, is found to qualify they will automatically be added to the Junkie group.
Due to technical restrictions we do sometimes fall behind on user updates. If it has been over 24 hours since Armory displayed you as qualifying, please post in the Name Change/Character Transfer forum to inform us that you now qualify for access and require an update.
Each violation will add one or more infraction points. Infraction points last one month, after which they expire and are forgotten. If you reach certain levels, an automatic ban will take place. You can view your current infraction level in your profile. The levels are as follows.
If you reach a level with 'Access Review' listed as a consequence, your current posting status will be reevaluated. If you currently do not have a 2k+ team or Gladiator title, your access will be removed.
1-3 : Warning
4: One Day Ban + Access Review
5: Three Day Ban + Access Review
6: One Week Ban + Access Review
7: One Month Ban + Access Review
8: Permanent Ban
These rules are simple. Be helpful and informative and don't be a jackass. Since that is subjective though, here is explicitly what is forbidden.
- Signatures should not be so wide that they stretch the user's post beyond the normal page boundary. The also should be no greater than 250 pixels in height. Animated signatures are only allowed when they are not flashing and distracting.
- 1 pt - Signature is flashing/animating too quickly such that it is distracting.
- 1 pt - Signature violates width/height guidelines.
- 1+ pt - Signature violates posting guidelines. (Varied point level depending on which rule violated.)
Software Piracy / Illegal Activities
- 2 pts - Discussing or posting links to illegal torrents.
- 2 pts - Posting links to or encouraging illegal activities.
Racial Slur / Discrimination
- 2 pts - Using well known racial slurs.
- 2 pts - Insulting users based solely on their race, religion, or sexuality.
- 3 pts - Creating a thread with the expressed intent of encouraging discriminatory discussion.
- 2 pts - Posting a link to a site containing pornographic material.
- 3 pts - Disguising a link to trick users into visiting a site containing pornographic material.
- 4 pts - Embedding pornographic material in a post.
- 1 pt - Insulting a user based purely on their class, BG, or current ratings. Please focus on the argument they are making and if you feel they should not have posting privileges, please report the post asking for the user to be reviewed.
- 1 pt - Posting purely to incite arguments or increase their post count.
- 1 pt - Any post that contains no content and just attempts to insult the poster.
- 1 pt - We do not allow this as it is against Blizzard's TOS.
Instant Permanent Ban Offenses
- Commercial Advertisements - Links posted to commercial websites selling gold, drugs, wives, etc.
- Harmful Links - Posting links to sites containing a Virus / Keylogger.
- Impersonating a character you do not own.
- Off Topic / BG Forums - These forums we will ignore any violation that is worth 1 point or less. Please try to be considerate of users though as you are still part of a community.
- Rant Room - These rules do not apply. The only rules are not to post embedded pornography and not to post anything explicitly illegal. Posting here requires a user to agree to the disclaimer at http://www.arenajunkies.com/rantroom/
Mod Behavior Guidelines
These are the behavior guidelines we intend to hold our mods to. If they violate these rules, please use the report button. On the third violation of the mod policy, we will remove the moderator's powers. If you are interested in being a mod, please understand that you will be held to stricter standards than the rest of the community.
- Mods are official representatives of Arena Junkies. They should act as such. A mod should never engage in flame wars, insult other members, or post in an otherwise inappropriate manner. We hold our mods to a higher level of conduct and will come down on mods very hard who break this rule.
- Since mods are representative of Arena Junkies, you are entitled the respect that comes with that. If any user shows flagrant disregard or disrespect for your moderation duties please let us know and we will take the appropriate action.
- Mods should never carry out personal agendas with their moderation privileges. If you feel there is a conflict of interest report the post and a decision will be made on what the best course of action.
- Reported Posts should be responded to as promptly as possible. Mods should try to follow it back to where it started and take the appropriate actions.
Questions? Comments? Concerns?
We welcome all feedback. Please leave any feedback, questions or suggestions for the new rules in this thread. We will be compiling and integrating suggestions as they are made.